Women's Pheasant Hunt - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-03-2010, 09:45 PM Thread Starter

Women's Pheasant Hunt

Here is an attatchment from an email I received. Sounds like a great time. I should be there with one of my dogs to guide a hunt.

Pheasant Valley Farm is proud to announce our first annual Women's Pheasant hunt!

Pheasant Valley Farm is committed to maintaining Pennsylvania’s outdoor heritage, wildlife conservation, and hunting traditions. We believe in order to maintain this valued way of life, today’s women must be allowed the opportunity to gain hunting experience and learn about Pennsylvania’s rich hunting heritage. With that goal in mind, Pheasant Valley Farm in conjunction with the PA Game Commission and other conservation oriented groups would like to offer twenty women the opportunity to participate in a non-profit women’s hunt on Friday, September 24, 2010 at our preserve in Robesonia, PA which is located west of Reading.

The day will begin with check in at 8:45 am, followed by a safety lesson over coffee and donuts at 9:00. At 9:30, the participants will practice their shooting skills by shooting clay targets. The field hunts will begin at 10:30. There will be five groups of four hunters. Each group will have their own guide and dog, to locate and retrieve the birds, and a mentor to help facilitate the hunt. At 12:30, the groups will meet for lunch provided and prepared by PVF proprietor Mark Wolfskill. Following lunch and reflections, participants will have the opportunity to go back out into the field to hunt and/or to learn how to clean their birds.

All participants must be over 18 years old and present a Hunter/Trapper Education Course Card or a current PA. Hunting License at check-in. Registration can be completed online at http://www.pgc.state.pa.us, click on the Education tab to get to the Education Home Page, click on “Special Hunts” then click on “Special Hunts Calendar” or by contacting Karen Keen at 215-721-8732 or [email protected]. Upon receipt of complete registration including payment and forms, participants will receive a confirmation letter.

Twenty participants will be accepted on a first come first serve basis. Fee for participation is $20 and must be submitted by 9/01/10 to reserve your space. Checks may be written out to Pheasant Valley Farm and be mailed to Karen Keen 820 Princeton Place, Hatfield, PA 19440. If registering online please download the waiver and medical form, complete and submit along with the check. If registering by mail, these forms will be sent to you with your confirmation letter.

More information on Pheasant Valley Farm, including directions, can be obtained at http://pheasantvalleyfarm.com/ .

Ladies! Please join us for a great day

in the field hunting pheasants!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 AM
Sage

Re: Women's Pheasant Hunt

Great offer!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My wife is going to this.
I sure wish that I could go to watch.It sounds like a blast!
<----- I have a blurb about it here...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Our Son is going to the youth Pheasant hunt there also...What a great program!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 08:11 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My wife Kim really enjoyed the hunt today!

Jeff Souder and Kim:

Mark Wolfskill and Kim:

Karen Keen and Kim:

Cleaning the birds!

The harvest:

She was grinning ear to ear when I picked her up.
We thank you Pheasant Valley Farms and the Pa game commission!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 09:34 PM
New Arrival

I would just like to take the time to thank Pheasant Valley Farms, The PA State Game Commission, Cabelas and all of the folks that came out to mentor and guide us at the pheasant hunt today. I had the time of my life! I cannot begin to put into words what this experience has done for me. My intentions were to go to the pheasant hunt to learn. Imagine my surprise when I actually bagged some birds! I learned about pheasants, dogs, and how to clean my own birds. This has truly been one of the happiest days of my life! Thank you Karen Keen, Mark Wolfskill, Harold from Cabelas, Jeff Souders and every person that was involved in making today a special day for me! It was extremely hot out today and they kept us all motivated! I cannot begin to thank you all enough! I am already looking forward to my next Pheasant hunt! Kudos to you all!

Why is it that I would rather smell like wet dirt and worms than blueberry body wash?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-24-2010, 11:03 PM
Sage

Nice!

The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic. ~Roosevelt
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

A moment of a lifetime! It was so cool that we are going back 10/9 with our youngest to do it again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page