WITO? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

WITO?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has done a WITO event? I finally discovered them after assuming PA did not have this kind of opportunity for women since the BOW chapter is defunct (I did a BOW weekend in Delaware). Now I know they are out there, but there is not really detailed information available. Are they hard to get into? Worthwhile?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: WITO?

My wife does a WITO event every year. Give her (Tammy) a call at 240-522-2150. I'm sure she would be happy to have you attend her event.

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

My goodness, thank you! That's generous. I will definitely give her a call!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 11:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

The "Southern End Strutters Chapt." of the "NWTF" has a WITO program.They are located in Southern Lancaster Co. Call Tracy @ 717-284-5171 If your from the Philly area they are fairly close to you. We also have a web site. Hope this helps.

A snake don't taste like chicken it tastes like snake!!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 03:21 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Boss
The "Southern End Strutters Chapt." of the "NWTF" has a WITO program.They are located in Southern Lancaster Co. Call Tracy @ 717-284-5171 If your from the Philly area they are fairly close to you. We also have a web site. Hope this helps.
I see you guys have had Jakes hunts in the past. Do you still do this? It's great that you take the time for these outreach events.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 11:36 AM
Frequent Contributor

Yes, we are one of the few chapters with all of our Outreach Programs running and active. If you would like more info you can pm me or contact John Groff chapt. Pres. @ 717-435 0640. We also have a very nice banquet at the Fire Side Tavern in July.

A snake don't taste like chicken it tastes like snake!!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 07:28 PM

I teach at the one that the SE silver spurs puts on. It is generally the weekend after Labor day in Montgomery co. Been doing it a couple years, this past year we didn't have as good of a turn out as other years. Only 56 women compared to 96 the year before. I also teach Women on Target in May every year. Let me know if you need more info.

I just read you also have children. The weekend before Labor day I teach at the Montgomery county Youth Field day. It's for children 9-14.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay
I teach at the one that the SE silver spurs puts on. It is generally the weekend after Labor day in Montgomery co. Been doing it a couple years, this past year we didn't have as good of a turn out as other years. Only 56 women compared to 96 the year before. I also teach Women on Target in May every year. Let me know if you need more info.

I just read you also have children. The weekend before Labor day I teach at the Montgomery county Youth Field day. It's for children 9-14.
I know about the Montco Field Day - we're very excited about it this year. I had Lyme disease last August and was not organized enough to schedule my daughter for it (she's 9, will be 10). She's really interested - we probably would not have gotten into all of this if it weren't for her being interested.

I might be able to up your numbers for the WITO. I have a list of people in Philly who are interested in learning to hunt (mostly people doing urban agriculture work of some sort) and I can ask the women who've indicated that they would like to get together. I am also part of a mom's group with 5 or 6 women who'd said they'd like to learn to hunt or learn shooting sports. Most of them don't have family members or husbands who hunt so things like WITO are great. I would like to learn more about Women on Target in May. I'll PM you my email address if you want to send it that way.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 08:31 PM

That would be fine. I'll give you Kathy's E-mail address. She runs the WOT & WITO. WOT is at Boulder Valley Sportsmen. Youth field day & WITO are at Hart Boy Scout camp. I teach the archery at these events & am the archery chairperson at BVSA.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by arrowhead
My wife does a WITO event every year. Give her (Tammy) a call at 240-522-2150. I'm sure she would be happy to have you attend her event.
New number is 814-521-5490

Our store- http://arrowhead-outdoors.com/
"The best warranty, is the one you never have to use"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page