In Search of... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-24-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

In Search of...

That elusive private property.

Yeah, yeah, I have a piece I can hunt on in Green Co. but sometimes, I just wanna roll outta bed, grab my lunch and get down the road a piece and not be in the car for 45 min to an hour.

I think I may try something new this year that never occured to me. It seems as though I find all the perverts who own the land I find intrest to hunt.

A week before I go out to ask I'm going to stop showering, brushing my hair and my teeth. I'm going to root through my dirty clothes hamper for the nastiest smelling gym clothes I have and wear them. When I arrive on the door step of said owner, I'm going to greet him with the loudest fart I can muster and then grab my crotch and start scratching like a dog with fleas all while I ask him if I can hunt his land.

Mister, I promise to take care of it. Not litter. I'll pick up my empty shells when I'm done. I'll even sign a release so if I trip and fall it's on me.

My point of this is simple and it keeps biting me hard when I see something I want and ask for permission and I'm subjected to how some guy wants to do eh hummm *insert the most vile and discusting things here* and maybe we can work something out so you *I* can hunt.

NO THANK YOU! I have walked away from property more times than I wish to count because of this. I am just tired of it and this year, it will probably be the same ole horse pucky. I might as well as be happy with what I have.

I just wanted to vent. It just irks me up one way and down another. Besides, I couldn't go a week without bathing, brushing my hair or teeth. Although it may work in this case.

Uh Oh! Janie's got her gun!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 09:15 AM

Re: In Search of...

Sorry to hear that, Janie.....
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-25-2012, 05:17 PM Thread Starter

I think I'm to the point of not even asking anymore.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 05:07 AM
The Man

Janie, sorry to hear of your terrible experiences. Plenty of scumbags out there, but there are plenty of good folks too. Keep at it , you'll find some properties to hunt.

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan

Janie are you asking single guys or married guys? I think the next time someone says something vile to you you should say sure just lets check with your wife and see if is ok. Bet the vile stuff stops real fast. Sorry you are having such a tough and vile time. I hope you find a place to hunt soon. No one should be treated like that.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-28-2012, 06:04 PM

Janie your plan might work. my wife acts like that every night around 11pm. Kidding aside it is not any easier for a man to find land to hunt usually get a flat out NO

It may be a poor choice of words but I am smart enough to understand what you meant.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 41 MagFan
Janie are you asking single guys or married guys? I think the next time someone says something vile to you you should say sure just lets check with your wife and see if is ok. Bet the vile stuff stops real fast. Sorry you are having such a tough and vile time. I hope you find a place to hunt soon. No one should be treated like that.
I'm not sure but I do know this one guy was married.

post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 01-31-2012, 05:25 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700varmint
Janie your plan might work. my wife acts like that every night around 11pm. Kidding aside it is not any easier for a man to find land to hunt usually get a flat out NO
I would take the flat out NO over this crap anyday.

post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-31-2012, 10:19 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Jamie, I don't know what part of Fayette your from, I think Connellesville if I remember correctly. Have you ever explored on top the Mt. any? I used to live in Champion and my wifes originally from Acme area and there is tons of good hunting in that area.

I know some people and places you can get permission to hunt and their not creeps. Let alone all the public hunting you can handle.

What are you interested in hunting?

Who is John Galt?

Nothing like a good bird dog and a fine shotgun.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-01-2012, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

I'm in Brownsville now due to a divorce. I just wanted somewhere close where i could roll outta bed, grab my stuff n be in the stand within 30 minutes. Plus i was venting. I will just stick with driving to Greene n going to my dad's in Sthalstown which is past Acme.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page