My daughter-in law / back to it ! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes
  • 4 Post By willyp
  • 2 Post By Windsniffer

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-15-2018, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

My daughter-in law / back to it !

My daughter-in- law had not hunted for 30 years ! She was to busy working and bringing up 2 daughters.
Last deer season i went to my sons home and in the morning i see her in hunting clothes. I had no idea she would be going with us !
We were out for 3 hours and then moved to a different spot. Up a steep hill we went and my son put her on a spot and me elsewhere . He was our dog.
Lunch time we stopped to eat and she never not one time complained about anything other than not seeing any deer !!!
We gave up around 3:30 and took her home ? Why ? She had to get ready to go to work ?
She runs the kitchen at our sportsmans Club.
The night before our hunt,and we went 3 or 4 days , she worked from 5pm until 2am and come home and got some sleep and was up ready to go before light with us !!!Never had 1 complaint .
A fellow at the club lent her a rifle last year. I went to their house in June,it is 125 miles from mine. I took a rifle or 2 to shoot at our club range . She is always ready to do this. I left her shoot a gun i had brought to give her and not told her .
She shoot 3 groups at 100 yards that were less than 1 1/2 inches ! I said to her what do you think about that gun ? She said i love the way it groups !
You should have seen the look on her face when i told her it was hers !!!!!!!!
By the way she and my son are in their mid 50s !
bigguy54, Dogface, loridr and 1 others like this.

WILLY P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:30 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thumbs up to you, willyp. To see somebody like that get such enjoyment out of our efforts generates a feeling that's hard to beat. I was helping a very distant cousin's kids have some fun shooting a flintlock I built at a family gathering once. Another 2nd cousin in her seventies was observing with keen interest and asked if she could have a turn. That's all it took for me to load up a super mild charge and put up an inflated balloon for a target at about fifteen yards. I watched her settle into an awkward position at my bench, close her eyes and yank the trigger. By some fortuitous stroke of luck, she popped the balloon and came off that bench with the biggest grin she's probably had in fifty years, and declared that that was the first time she had ever shot any kind of firearm. Just the thought of that day brings me a smile.
willyp and bigguy54 like this.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 04:34 PM
Sage

Good stuff, kudus to you for going the extra mile.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-18-2018, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

WELL ! My daughter-in-law has won a Cross bow outfit now on a drawing !!!!!! So now she will be going bow hunting !!!

WILLY P
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 05:10 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

My wife hasn't missed a deer season in 40 years. One of my best hunting buddies! Your son will enjoy her being out there with him.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page