The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Gunsmith Hershey Area???

2K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  keystoneMAN 85 
#1 ·
I'm looking to have a few things done on 2 of my guns: stock bedded n trigger work on a 30-06 and disassemble/clean/inspect on an old winchester 190. Any recommendations within driving distance of the hershey/hbg area? Looking for a competent gunsmith w reasonable rates.
Thanks.

#3 ·
Stroupy said:
There is the gun shop on 322 in campbelltown

That's Heverling. I personally can't stand him and his prices are outrageous to boot. I was just talking to an elderly gentleman at the shooting range this week and Heverling's name came up. He adamantly stated that he would not take a BB gun to Heverling.
I agreed. During the flooding this past Sept. a friend of mine was in Montana and his basement was under six feet of water. His safe wasn't waterproof and 65 guns were underwater for two days. His buddies got them out and took them to Heverling. Heverling just let them rust. Four days later when my friend could get in and get his guns he blew a gasket when he saw his 65 rusty guns. Heverling said he didn't have any instructions so he didn't do anything. My friend promptly took his guns back, free of charge. He has them all getting restored by a Gunsmith somewhere around DuBois now.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.