Looking to learn a new area. - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Looking to learn a new area.

I'm moving to Yardley, PA in the next week or so. I am familiar with most of west and central Pennsylvania. I've fished all of the streams that you'd read about in books or a magazine, including the Yellow Breeches and Letort.

I've been fly fishing for nearly 20 years, but I'm by no means an expert. What I'd like to do is either: a) find some information about some new streams that are in the eastern part of the state or b) find someone who wants to go fishing some weekend day in May and is willing to show me around. Of course, I would drive and repay the favor if you ever wanted to head north or west.

Anything within 2-3 hours that is new to me is what I am looking to learn. If you're willing to help, fantastic. If not, I'll probably be on the Yellow Breeches every weekend I can manage after the first weekend in May.

If you need a reference, talk to Benny P or PATrophyhunter, they both know me well.

Hunting WMUs 2D,2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 02:57 PM

Re: Looking to learn a new area.

ForestCoHunter,
Not sure exactly where Yardley is located, however
Potter/Tioga has some great Fly Fishing creeks and streams.
You might want to check it out, if you are close enough.
Pine Creek/Dave

With both wild and stocked trout.

Never care about what other people believe, be strong and walk in the way of the Lord.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 04:02 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks. Actually I've fished much of the Potter/Tioga area and its many amazing streams. I'm specifically trying to get some knowledge of streams further east. I can figure it out by myself, I'm sure, but that will take longer than I have available right now.

Hunting WMUs 2D,2F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 01:23 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Bowmans Creek, Lackawanna River are both near Yardley. You can go to Wyo Co and fish the Tunkhannock Creek, or Bradford Co too (Loyalsock SP?).

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thank you very much for the response. I will research each of those streams this weekend.

Hunting WMUs 2D,2F
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 05:44 PM
Banned

If you're talking about Yardley in Bucks County you're no where near Bowmans, Lackawanna, Tunkhannock Creek or the Loyalsock. Your best bets would be the Delaware Valley and Pocono streams. I would use the PFBC county guide on their website as a starting point.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Yep. That's where I was talking about and I just realized that with a quick search. Oh well. I realize that there probably isn't anything in the immediate area, and that's why I indicated that I'd drive 2-3 hours anyway. I think I'm going to hold off learning new streams this year and go after it in earnest later on when I have more time. Have trips planned now for the central PA limestones, the Savage River in Maryland, and time in my typical haunts in Western PA.

Was wondering if there was something close, but I don't think there is anything of note. I'm going to check out the Tupelhocken and Little Lehigh and Lehigh as well.

Hunting WMUs 2D,2F
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-02-2013, 11:18 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yeah, my bad!! I had a brain fart and was thinking W-B area!! Kutztown area has the Saucony and that holds some fish too. The Little Lehigh in the Emmaus area is very nice. There are a few stretches that are Fly Fishing Only around Emmaus.

In an age of universal lies, speaking the truth is a revolutionary act - George Orwell
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Don't know the area you are asking about, but Mr. Landis has always been spot on for any streams he discusses that I have fished, and that is quite a few. Strongly suggest this book. Best money I ever spent on fishing gear. Trout Streams of Pennsylvania

Treat every day as if it were a gift, because it is.....that's why it's called the present.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Frequent Contributor

Send a message via AIM to 41 MagFan

There is the skippack creek and perkiomen creek in Montco along with the Delaware river which is near yardley. You can also try the pennypack creek.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page