• 2 Post By TurkeyMike
  • 2 Post By TurkeyMike
  • 1 Post By TurkeyMike
  • 1 Post By TurkeyMike

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:14 PM Thread Starter
The Man

Some flies and fish

Caddis box, and some trout I caught from 3:30-4:30 yesterday afternoon. Loving the caddis pupa patterns these days. And the middle row is kind of a peeping caddis/ caddis pupa hybrid. Not sure if anyone ever did this or not. It popped in my head so I had to try it out. First trout I ever caught on it was that nicer brown.

I also caught a holdover bow, but didn't want to mix it in with these wild brownies. Love catching wild trout anymore.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg caddis box.jpg (161.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg caddis box2.jpg (163.7 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg caddis larva-pupa.jpg (151.8 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg sculpin.jpg (52.1 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg wild brown 2.jpg (59.7 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg wild brown 3.jpg (74.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg wild brown 4.jpg (61.6 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg wild brown 6.jpg (71.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg wild brown 7.jpg (58.5 KB, 23 views)
bigguy54 and nomad_archer like this.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-27-2016, 04:19 PM Thread Starter
The Man

I tied this box of flies up for a new fly fisherman. He told me he was afraid to use two flies because he didn't want to lose any.

I wrote on the box,

"DON'T BE AFRAID TO USE 2 FLIES"
MERRY CHRISTMANS.

lol
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wild brown 8.jpg (60.4 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg size 16.jpg (87.6 KB, 18 views)
bigguy54 and nomad_archer like this.

Proud member of Gobblers Anonymous Support Group [img]<<GRAEMLIN_URL>>/wink.gif[/img]
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:00 AM

Nice ties mike. Great looking fish. Doesn't seem like there are many fishing or even thinking about fishing this time of year. So for I have found November and December to provide some of the best fishing of the year. This is my first year doing any trout fishing outside of the April - may time frame so catching trout year round is a new concept and has been very rewarding so far.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:24 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
Nice ties mike. Great looking fish. Doesn't seem like there are many fishing or even thinking about fishing this time of year. So for I have found November and December to provide some of the best fishing of the year. This is my first year doing any trout fishing outside of the April - may time frame so catching trout year round is a new concept and has been very rewarding so far.

My favorite time to fly fish is from December to Mid April. March is probably my favorite month though.
nomad_archer likes this.

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 11:44 AM

It is quickly becoming one of my favorite times as well. I only had a few outings in November but they were 20+ fish outings that lasted 3-4 hours. I went out 12/23 for my December fishing outing and caught 45 in 3 1/2 hours. All stocked fish but that is primarily what is convenient around me. Its really hard not to want to fish in the colder months. I know I am bound to have a few bad days but no bugs, cooler temps, and I have the place nearly to myself. Its really a great time to get out. It will be even better once I get new waders. I have a really slow leak at the boot/wader seam which eventually becomes a problem if I stand in deep water to long.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-28-2016, 04:27 PM

nice flies and nice fish
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-30-2016, 10:47 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad_archer View Post
It is quickly becoming one of my favorite times as well. I only had a few outings in November but they were 20+ fish outings that lasted 3-4 hours. I went out 12/23 for my December fishing outing and caught 45 in 3 1/2 hours. All stocked fish but that is primarily what is convenient around me. Its really hard not to want to fish in the colder months. I know I am bound to have a few bad days but no bugs, cooler temps, and I have the place nearly to myself. Its really a great time to get out. It will be even better once I get new waders. I have a really slow leak at the boot/wader seam which eventually becomes a problem if I stand in deep water to long.

There are tons of bugs, just under the water
nomad_archer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page