Opportunity to bid on a Custom Rod and Reel - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-30-2016, 01:14 AM Thread Starter

Opportunity to bid on a Custom Rod and Reel

The North Central Pennsylvania Pheasants Forever Chapter 630 has acquired a high end and expensive custom made fly rod with reel, rod sock and hard case. We will auction it at our annual banquet on April 9th. Everyone is welcome to attend our banquet to bid on it by registering for the banquet. You can get the registration packet from our web site at http://www.northcentralpapf.org/

Since we don't typically get a lot of avid fly fishermen at our banquet we would also like to allow on line bidding through this web site, if allowed.

If anyone wishes to enter a bid on the outfit they can do so by entering the bid on this site and also sending me a PM with their contact information and bid amount. The on line bidding will end at midnight on April 8th. The highest on line bid will then be the bid starting point on the night of the banquet. If no one bids higher than the on line bid at the banquet then the on line highest bid would be honored and arrangements made to exchange the rod/reel package for the bid entered.

The information on the rod and reel package is as follows.

Below are the details of the package from the custom rod builder.

Attached are a few photos of the Thomas & Thomas custom fly rod, along with a Waterworks-Lamson Liquid fly reel.

This is a T&T ESP rod, 8-foot, 4-piece, medium action, 4 weight rod. It is a matte black blank, and I wrapped it with black thread on black Hopkins & Holloway DLC snakes and stripper to make it a "stealth" rod. It has a reverse half wells grip with brown cork inlay, and a T&T black aluminum reel seat with Tiger Maple wood insert. This is a fabulous trout rod, but can be used for panfish and smallies as well.

The reel is a Waterworks-Lamson Liquid 1.5 reel that is super lightweight and a great match for this rod.

The rod blank is warranted by T&T and I warrant my work. If the buyer breaks the rod, send it to T&T and they will replace the section, then I will rebuild that section. Buyer would pay shipping and any service charge from T&T.

Also included is a rod sock and a custom black powder coated aluminum rod tube with brass cap and my g. maxwell fly rods logo.

Mad Max

Glenn M. Scott, Col, USAF (retired)
President, g. maxwell fly rods

Dick Bodenhorn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page