Salmon River 10/24 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:31 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
beagler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lackawanna County
Posts: 18,238
Back To Top
Salmon River 10/24

Started off in the Upper Fly this morning. Fishing pressure was light and not too many fish around. Ended up going 0-2 on a couple of Kings.
Next stop was Ellis Cove. Seemed to be more fish there, more fishing pressure. Didn't have any hookups. Saw a couple nice chromers caught.
Next stop was the Lower Fly Zone. Quite a few fish around. I'd sat 70% of the salmon were skunky, the other 30% in decent shape. 2nd cast, bang! Nice steelhead about 10-12lbs. Fought it about five minutes only to have it break off by my boots. Next cast, bang! Nice brown about 8lbs! Fought it for a few minutes only to have it break off as well. Went 1 for about 25. The Kings were huge and I couldn't hold then even after bumping up to a 14lb tippet.
My buddy landed one and his girlfriend landed one. I must have lost $30 worth of flies today.
Had the pleasure of fishing today with the only girl I've ever seen on the river with pink camo waders.
[img][/img]
[img][/img]

Never Misses
beagler is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 02:45 AM
Regular Member
 
CowDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Luzerne Co., 3d.
Posts: 2,141
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

CowDawg is offline  
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
deerslayer9688's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Delaware County PA
Posts: 3,218
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

nice fish
deerslayer9688 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 12:00 PM
Regular Member
 
Andy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: York County
Posts: 2,436
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

nice, congrats
Andy1 is offline  
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kingston, Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,336
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

I want a pair!
Henry David is offline  
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 10:49 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: WMU 3D
Posts: 4,016
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

Nice! Did the water clear up yet?
tanner is offline  
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-26-2010, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
beagler's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Lackawanna County
Posts: 18,238
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner
Nice! Did the water clear up yet?
yep

Never Misses
beagler is offline  
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-30-2010, 11:04 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: 3B, 3C, and NY
Posts: 3,405
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

I like the waders.
spur is offline  
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Regular Visitor
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Dayton, Pennsylvania
Posts: 88
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

Haha Thats awesome

"Team MOTTley"
DaytonBoy is offline  
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: YORK PA
Posts: 3,265
Back To Top
Re: Salmon River 10/24

nice
HEAVYHITTER is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome