Not sure who is worse...... - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Not sure who is worse......

Always thought it was just turkey hunters who got out of bed chomping at the bit to mess each other up...starting to wonder now.

The kid and I show up at the local lake for a morning of trolling for walleyes. Only one other boat on the water.

Hit catches one on the first pass, so I tell him to throw a marker bouy out. We are trolling a line between that marker and a permanent marker on the lake. Catching very little, but expectations are never too high on this lake.

Aboout 10 am we head to the boat launch for a bathroom break. by now there are 15 boats out....come back out and look for our marker and the kid says...I don't see it...I think that boat there is sitting on top of it.We both laugh.

No big deal, public lake, lots to fish. This boat sees us coming back and they pick up and start to move...move 200 yards down the lake right on the edge of a line where fishing is restricted....

Five minutes later, I see our marker flaoting behind the restricted area and floating further into it, (two hundred yards from where we left it).

Now, it's not the cost of the marker, that's only a few bucks, and it's not that they were sitting where we were fishing...as I said, public lake, lots of room. And, I suppose that it IS possible that the weight on our marker took that exact time to bust the string that held in it place, although I doubt it.

Frustrating to say the least. If, on the odd chance, one of the guys in that boat are reading this, remember....stay classy.....

I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 02:31 PM

Re: Not sure who is worse......

Usually people assume markers mean marked fish or structure.

Still not good to fish over someone elses float
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Part of the Community

But you did abandon the float, so maybe folks thought it was fair game to fish there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2013, 01:10 AM
The Man

GPS

It's a lot harder to see than marker buoys.

demokraten saugen
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 05:06 AM
Part of the Community

I agree with Strut10,GPS. However, I do see your point. If they messed with your marker,shame on them. Public lake,Fish around it,but don't touch!

Remington:700x2,870,788
Ruger Redhawk 44,SP101.357
Marlin .22
NRA
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 12:23 AM

I had a marker out in Pym drifting for walleyes. I got about 200 yds past my marker and some guy pulled up and took it. He saw me drift past it a couple times but took it anyway. I guess he decided he needed the marker more than me.

I don't have ducks. I don't have rows. I have squirrels. And they're drunk.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Almost everyday on Pyme...
SRY for the luck.
Good for you to 'stay classy' though!!!
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 03:48 AM
Frequent Contributor

I went up to Pymy this past weekend, and all I can say is WOW. There must of been I don't know a couple hundred boats on that lake. Unbelievable... I find it hard to believe there are any fish in that lake. I almost saw 3 Amish guys T-bone another boat as well, and its a 20 hp lake to boot. What a zoo I commend anyone of you guys that can or do fish there regularly!!
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 AM
Frequent Contributor

I took the girlfriend out last Wednesday and were trolling for anything that would hit (she just got her first license and hasn't fished since she was like 10) and were catching a bunch of small perch. They were keeping us occupied and having fun. After about the second or third pass through the same area, and I just hooked into a 21-22" cat, I watched 2 rented pontoons full of Amish fire up the motors and motor just passed us (50 yds) and stop dead right in our path! I was fighting the fish and she was getting the net then having to steer the boat to go around them. Thy have no respect for anybody! Funny thing was after 10 mins or so they ended up moving again anyways cause they didn't catch a fish. We (guess I should say she) pulled a nice 19" eye as we were passing them.

I can't believe the amount of boats that have been out on week days! I just got laid off so I'm getting to fish a lot and its like a 4th of July weekend every day of the week out there. I'm really going to hate to see what the actual summer weekends look like.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page