Allegheny River Questions - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-16-2012, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Allegheny River Questions

I want to fish the Allegheny this fall for Muskie. I am wanting to fish the section from Warren down to Tionesta area. I have a Basstracker Mode Vee Jon Boat with a 9.9hp is it possible to fish this section of the river with this type of rig.
Would we be able to motor back up to the launch site or strictly float down to Tionesta for the take out spot.
Any info will be appreciated,
Thanks,
Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-17-2012, 01:16 AM
RB
Sage

Re: Allegheny River Questions

I think it would be very tough right now my friend in anything but a jet. Downriver fighting chance, i willjust say no on back up river. no way in some of the drying riffs, they just are too narrow and shallow now, i think you would get stranded mid riff. BTW, i live right near Irvine, PA below Warren,where 62 starts to shoot south and she is LOW.

I can give you up to the minute reports though, so just find me here when the time really comes and i'll let you know. I am 150' from the river. The lake is way low too so i don;t see them pumping any excess water out for awhile so it is all rain dependent.

Sorry about the bad news, even alot of my neighbors with jets are just sipping beers instead of fishing in the evenings, just floater traffic out there on the weekends.

"Only takes a second to change your season" Dad, 1980

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page