Off the scales - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:32 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Off the scales

Here's another big spinner to take a look at. 3 ounces and 10 inches in length, our biggest baddest spinners yet.

I added another bullet component below the double skirts to add the extra weight and move the treble out beyond the skirts break.

The blog post describes a few more specifics. Here's a link if you're interested - Blog post .

Scream'in! Man you ought to see her, with the siren's on!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Off the scales

I saw some of the newer ones in person last weekend, they definitely seem to be quality baits, and I will be getting some when money allows. Seem like they are well made.

There is always a season!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-22-2012, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

You must have been fishing with TripleThreat. Any luck? These are basically same model except Ridged Indiana's vs Colorado and the extra 1/2oz tail weight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 03:21 AM
Frequent Contributor

That is correct. Unfortunately for us, the casting bite was real spotty, my other buddy did get 1 casting. We both got 1 trolling, and I lost another trolling about 15 minutes after my first. Just when we thought we knew everything lol.........fish shut down like a light switch and we didn't see a fish the rest of the day. But that is musky fishing.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 06:11 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Ever used a mini cowbell trolling rig in front of your lures? I've tried this one bank fishing in front of smaller spinners and gotten muskie interest. Still waiting for the strike though.

Called this daredevil blade one - Muskie Bacon. These have like #5 Indiana's and are smaller blades then the 32 inch variety which have #7's Colorado, Indiana, and Willows.

Cowbell trollers are normally bought for Lake Trout and other big trout trolling with bigger spoons. But might be something to try on Muskie or pike since you're trolling.

These are a little light for muskie in the cable and swivel department, but that can be beefed up to 45# plus across components - cable and swivels. Metal Rudder keeps them from twisting back to reel.

Hard to get pictures of these trolling rigs because of their length.

Known by different terms in different areas Trolling Cowbells, Christmas Trees, Ford Fenders, etc.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-25-2012, 05:53 PM
Frequent Contributor

Never have, but can see how they might help attract. As long as they are strong enough and you aren't fishing a situation where they would increase fouling on weeds, I'd guess they wouldn't hurt.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page