Lake erie ---walleye charters for Sept 23 or 24 - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 10:55 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Lake erie ---walleye charters for Sept 23 or 24

I'm looking to take my sons (14-17 yrs)out for fall walleyes and wanted to stay in Pa waters to save as we have pa licence...anyone know of great or very good walleye charters in erie Pa.

Could do perch but wanted walleyes and then perch if possible..... 4-6 people if possible

Also would love to do Saturday evening or night fishing on Sept 23?

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-11-2017, 04:05 PM

I highly recommend Blacktop Charters. Captain Ken is extremely knowledgeable and will work hard to make sure you have a great trip.

Blacktop Charters - Lake Erie Walleye, Steelhead, Lake Trout and Perch Fishing
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks...I called him and was booked....I will keep trying..

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 01:58 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

He teams with Rough house charters on a regular basis for large groups so that may be another one to try.

They probably won't be in town then (probably fishing for Silvers on Ontario) but you can try VisionQuest charters to.

You "may" want to slide into Ohio waters that late in the month though. It is cooling off quickly and the eyes may be migrating back that way already. Conneaut isn't too far out of the way and you may be able to get a day or 3 day license cheap in OH. I am not sure. Never looked into it.

Suburban redneck.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Part of the Community

I would be looking closer to cleveland or lorain that late. They continue to have good days the fish are pretty scattered all over the lake and lucky for us there is a bunch of fish. Limits are coming all over from new york to huron but as it gets colder they move back west. i sent you a pm on a good captain from cleveland if you need more let me know. I meet a bunch of them at the volunteer event I do for the wounded heroes organization. If any wounded heroes are out there and want to see if you can get into a great event look it up. it is a trip where everything is paid for just show up and fish. here is the web site..

Walleyes For Wounded Heroes
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-12-2017, 04:13 PM
Frequent Contributor

Buckets and Ciao are also good ones.... don't know any that go after perch after walleye.....once walleye limit is reached the trip is done....2 head boats for perch out of Erie....perch trips are cheap....

Last edited by ruffedG; 09-12-2017 at 06:02 PM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-13-2017, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

ok Thanks

I will call them..
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-16-2017, 08:41 PM

The walleye are still here and still biting. We pulled a 2 man limit today in an hour and 38 minutes. These are good eating sized, but not trophies. All were between 16 and 24 inches. The perch fishing has been very good as well, with good numbers and good size.

If you can't get a trip soon, you will have to wait until next year. Usually mid june through labor day is prime time.

I have fished on the Edward John (when Gary owned it) and I thought it was a good deal for someone without a boat.

Good luck.
Brian

Lake Effect Beagles
Remmy/Winnie/Queenie/Nellie/Dewey/YooHoo/Shoog
V.P. Presque Isle Beagle club
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2017, 09:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

Did you book one? Walleye fishing is still excellent and the lake has been flat... will be out Sat for my last troll of the year...
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-27-2017, 09:23 AM
Part of the Community

I am hoping it lasts one more weekend or 2. Saturday we got 90 perch, 18 walleye and 2 steelhead in about 7 hours. Sunday got 18 walleye in about 90 minutes. Fishing is just ridiculous right now from walnut to north east. hard to believe so many walleye out there. Dipsey with renosky's were on fire as will as spoons.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page