Frances slocum - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By JJ4D

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Frances slocum

Anyone fish it? The boy said there was a fish kill a while back...is it worth an hour and a half ride? Any info is appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 02:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

Google "Francis Slocum Muskies" Look at some of the Muskies caught there. There were some state and world records caught in there through the ice in the past. The big ones on Google images seem to be caught while trout fishing. Some real Monsters in there , But they are few and far between. no fish kill that I am aware of. I saw a 45" fish caught there a few weeks back. Unfortunately the guy kept the fish
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-15-2017, 03:11 PM
Frequent Contributor

I grew up 15min from the lake. I've fished Slocum more than I have fished any lake so I have a few things to say that may help you.

It's really not worth the 1.5 hour trip. The bass fishing isnt what it was 20 years ago when I fished it as a young teen. No doubt, there are HUGE musky in there. In fact when I was around 15 or 16 I had heard of a 72" muskie coming up when the PGC electro-shocked it for a survey. Myth? probably..but it was great to have in the back of my mind as a young fisherman.

My uncle calls it the "dead sea" and it lives up to that name 90% of the time. If you are dead set on going, I can give you some areas to pinpoint while you are there.

Being from Central PA, you are far better off fishing the Juniata or Susquehanna rivers. My honest opinion, I would rather walk to the bank of either of those rivers blindfolded and be forced to fish wherever I stop than to pick any spot I wanted at Slocum to fish. Catch my drift?
CROW MASTER likes this.

Previously JJ5C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 06-22-2017, 06:29 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Thanks....I have similar thoughts about the ppl lake I fish in Montour and was just looking for a lake close to use the boat.....I have never been a fan of running the river.....always too low and bottom out or too high and drift like a race car.......

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page