Anybody try the "musky mayhem cowgirl" series bait - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 01:08 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Anybody try the "musky mayhem cowgirl" series bait

I bought the "baby girl" size double blade spinner bait, it's the smallest of the series since I'll be casting it on a medium action a went with that. Any one ever have luck with it? How about pike? If not what's your favorite pike/Muskie lure that works for you what time of year so do throw it. Later the season bigger the bait right ?

2E
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Part of the Community

Re: Anybody try the "musky mayhem cowgirl" series bait

Yes they work. Depends on the fish and what they want. I use a lot of the Bucher tails in summer no. 700 series and the smaller 500. Caught musky on both
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 02:29 PM
The Man

They work! I use one with the double blade and silver/sparkling blue skirt. Caught 3 (I believe) on it last year. Had them follow it to the bank a pile of times this year. Been doing that a lot this year.

Living the life one day at a time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks guys and that's what I bought was the double silver blade with the silver blue skirt, those things are quite the workout throwin them around all day lol good to hear there is some luck on them, thanks again guys

2E
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 01:55 PM
Frequent Contributor

All of the big blades have a time and place to catch fish. My PB was caught on a CIA double 10. Not sure it should be a workout throwing showgirls or baby girls though...what rod/reel are you using?

I can throw DC 10s for hours and am not in great shape by any means lol. I use my revo torro winch with a 4:5:1 ratio (not the baby bass size) I think the big one is the 61. Rod is 8ft 6". Go heavy or medium heavy, I like just a bit of play in tip, but backbone is needed to sink big hooks consistently.

Handling tackle and quickly landing and releasing fish is easier with heavy 80 to 100 lb braid.

Temperature becomes a factor too soon. General conservative practice to leave them alone once temps get to 80F.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page