9/15 Salmon Report - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By beagler
  • 1 Post By beagler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 09:17 AM Thread Starter

9/15 Salmon Report

Headed up to the river with one of my cousins yesterday. Started above the Papermill Saw about a dozen coho blow by me in the morning. They were all like rockets and I didn't even get a chance to cast at them. It petered out quick. On our way walking out I saw one other guy that had landed two coho. Didn't see anyone hooked up.
Next went down to the ballpark. It was jammed with fishermen. Guys were hooking up pretty regularly. I sat on the bank for awhile and just watched the action. Most of the good spots were all taken. Eventually I worked my way in and managed to hook two fish. Both were in the tail and both snapped off. All activity died around 11am.
After that we went up behind the museum. I walked all the way up to the second island. I didn't see a fish or see a single hookup. We decided to try one more spot and headed to Ellis. Same thing, didn't see a fish or a single hookup. Headed back home after that to get my daughter to her softball game on time.
Yes there are fish in the river. Are there a lot? No. I'd saw it's spotty. From what I've heard there is a lot of fish entering the estuary. I'm anticipating a big run within the next week or so.
My friend who fishes the lake constantly told me they are still marking fish out to 300'FOW but the majority are moving in closer now.
jimbridger likes this.

Never Misses

Last edited by beagler; 09-16-2019 at 09:55 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-16-2019, 11:11 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I was planning a trip this Friday with my son but we kind a cancelled that since he has an English test and I have some work related things I'd like to be around for....
Our annual trip starts on 10/5, was hoping to get up there at least once to knock off the rust a little bit....

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter

Lots of Coho running today I've heard. They are fast. Can make the hatchery as quick as a day and a half from the mouth unlike kings that take several days.

Never Misses
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:32 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by beagler View Post
Lots of Coho running today I've heard. They are fast. Can make the hatchery as quick as a day and a half from the mouth unlike kings that take several days.
Man don't tell me that lol. I was going to take off a day this week but held off to do it next week since the reports were not all that great. I would rather catch coho than Kings. They are explosive. I went up 2 years ago in september when the cohos were running and was the best time i ever had fighting them. They straightened my hooks, snapped my swivels in half but man it was fun. I dont have time to go on the weekends this year with kids sports and takes me 5 hrs to get there.

4B
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 10:54 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Got a call yesterday after work about the Coho action....
The weekends if not already will now be a circus from here on out....so a weekday trip would be best to avoid the circus...
Still hoping to do a day trip between now and out annual trip which is coming up quickly but I just feel too guilty in going myself without my 17 year old son...
Looking for a school day where he won't miss anything too important....
Weekends to congested with fall baseball .....

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:09 AM Thread Starter

My daughter takes dance and plays fall ball. I know what you're talking about. Her mom and I recently divorced after 22 years together so when I have her I refuse to miss any games or any games at all for that matter. She's 13. She really doesn't have any interest in salmon, the long ride up doesn't help. I took her two weeks ago up Lake Wallenpaupack on my boat and she managed to land three nice stripers. She took her first archery deer last season with an xbow and has killed three spring gobblers so far.
Lackawanna Fox likes this.

Never Misses
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:13 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

My one son plays midget football and my other son plays little league fall baseball so weekends are a wash. They like to go but might not happen with them this year. I try to make a few trips a year and might only make 1 day trip this year. I had to cancel my annual trip this year because of sports. Good luck to you guys.

4B
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:38 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

You both are making me feel old.... My youngest will be 17 next month. He's my only boy and my older kids are all girls....
I'm not really that old though, I just started early
My affiliation with baseball is that I'm a PIAA umpire and with my son no longer actively playing I get to make some mad money on the weekends renting myself out doing tournaments....I typically do 8-10 games on a weekend till the end of October....

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 11:42 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by EIGHT POINT View Post
You both are making me feel old.... My youngest will be 17 next month. He's my only boy and my older kids are all girls....
I'm not really that old though, I just started early
My affiliation with baseball is that I'm a PIAA umpire and with my son no longer actively playing I get to make some mad money on the weekends renting myself out doing tournaments....I typically do 8-10 games on a weekend till the end of October....
My oldest is 13 and he will turn 14 next month so your not that old. Once my kids get out of baseball i am going to fill out the ump application. The one ump that does most of our games told me how much he makes a year just umping in the evenings during the week and the tournaments on the weekends. That doesnt count his normal M-F job. He makes out well.

4B
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-17-2019, 12:08 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pchunter1231 View Post
My oldest is 13 and he will turn 14 next month so your not that old. Once my kids get out of baseball i am going to fill out the ump application. The one ump that does most of our games told me how much he makes a year just umping in the evenings during the week and the tournaments on the weekends. That doesnt count his normal M-F job. He makes out well.
Sent you a PM...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page