Frequent Contributor

I'd love to get out on it.

I'll have to do some exploring!

Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-15-2019, 08:43 AM
Frequent Contributor

Its still catch and release, PCB contamination from the Paoli train yard. I fished it and Little Valley creek a ton of times from N. Valley Rd. all they way to the Schuykill River about 25-30 years ago. I'm not sure what access is like these days at the places I used to fish. That stream was always cold and nice to wet wade in the summer.

I caught mostly Browns with the occasional Rainbow I guessed came from a stocked stream, they were the most beautiful Rainbows I ever saw. I was told there were Brook Trout, but never caught one. My uncle who is close to 90 said they had fishing derby's there when he was young and guessed the current population came from that and ones that migrated from stocked streams.
jimsdad likes this.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 10:39 AM
Regular Visitor

You’re the second person in about the last year or so who said they have encountered brookies on that stream but I have yet to see any evidence of them. It’s definitely cold enough for them to survive but I believe the brown population has established itself for so long now that they wiped out all the brook trout that used to be there. Little Valley, I think, still has some good access but not as much as Valley. I think, don’t quote me on that. Does anyone know from where the rainbows might be coming from? You’re the first I ever heard of catching a rainbow from that stream. Forgot to add that yes it’s catch and release only, there is still high levels of heavy metals found in the water and the fish from contamination.

Last edited by JasonC; 05-16-2019 at 10:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-16-2019, 12:36 PM
Frequent Contributor

[QUOTE=Does anyone know from where the rainbows might be coming from? You’re the first I ever heard of catching a rainbow from that stream. Forgot to add that yes it’s catch and release only, there is still high levels of heavy metals found in the water and the fish from contamination.[/QUOTE]

My guess is the Skippack Creek, French Creek, etc... I had a friend who lived on the river in Port Indian, he used to catch a few trout every spring.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:22 AM
New Arrival

He said he fished it "about 25-30 years ago" and caught rainbows.
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 01:10 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Anyone willing to help out with access points? I can't seem to find where I can access it and NOT be on private/posted property.
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 07:22 PM

I don't know if Chester Co. has their tax map on-line...if they do that will help ID owners so you can ask permission. Might have to get permission from several owners to fish a section. I Googled the creek and there seems to be a couple of public parks as well that probably allow fishing ... don't know how far you'd get before hitting a posted sign though.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-17-2019, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeymjr23 View Post
Anyone willing to help out with access points? I can't seem to find where I can access it and NOT be on private/posted property.
If you are driving from Phoenixville make a right turn at the light onto 252 (I think), just opposite of Washington's HQ off Rt 23. There are a few places to park along the stream and you can wade all you want. Also - go down 252 until the Knox covered bridge is on your right (about 1/4 mile), go over the bridge and I believe there is a place to park and picnic there you can leave your car and walk to the creek.

Good night Chesty, wherever you are......

Last edited by jimsdad; 05-17-2019 at 08:30 PM.
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 02:17 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Thanks!!!
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-20-2019, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsdad View Post
If you are driving from Phoenixville make a right turn at the light onto 252 (I think), just opposite of Washington's HQ off Rt 23. There are a few places to park along the stream and you can wade all you want. Also - go down 252 until the Knox covered bridge is on your right (about 1/4 mile), go over the bridge and I believe there is a place to park and picnic there you can leave your car and walk to the creek.

What he said, just be careful crossing over oncoming traffic as the parking is on the left side of the road.
People like to fly down rt. 252 towards rt. 23....

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page