"Spin Fishing For Trout" Seminar by Frank R. Nale (Sewickley, PA) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By FrankTroutAngler

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 08:53 PM Thread Starter

"Spin Fishing For Trout" Seminar by Frank R. Nale (Sewickley, PA)

“Spin Fishing For Trout” Seminar

Presentation by Frank R. Nale

On Monday, May 13th, at 7:00 p.m., I will be doing my “Spin Fishing For Trout” PowerPoint presentation for the Penn’s Woods West Chapter of Trout Unlimited. The meeting will be held at Christ Church at Grove Farm in the Barn in Sewickley, Pennsylvania, which is north of Pittsburgh. To get there, take the Mount Nebo exit off of Route 79. The address is 249 Duff Road, Sewickley, PA 15143.

They will have a brief business meeting first; I’m scheduled to start at approximately 7:30 p.m.

Would you like to learn the secrets of how to catch more trout than most anglers think is possible? If so, you won’t want to miss my new PowerPoint program on fishing spinners for wild trout. I am from Blair County (Tipton) and cast my homemade lures in large streams such as the Little Juniata River, Penns Creek, and Spring Creek in Centre County, as well as numerous small streams, both limestone and freestone.

This fast-paced program will cover proper spin fishing tackle, correct technique,…

…stream selection,…

…and the other things I enjoy while streamside besides catching trout.

I’m a retired accountant and have been a dedicated spinner fisherman and Trout Unlimited member since 1979. I’ve logged nearly 24,000 hours casting spinners. During the last 40 years I have learned and perfected many of the little things that it takes to be successful and will be sharing them with you. My proven technique has helped me catch and release over 291,000 trout in Pennsylvania streams open to free public angling, including an average of over 10,000 trout per year for the last twenty-three years. While many anglers would consider catching a dozen trout in a day a stellar outing, I have averaged over twelve trout per hour during the last thirty-one years. (This is not meant to be bragging; these are my credentials.)

In addition to my one-hour slide presentation, which will feature new photographs, I will give a brief casting demonstration followed by a question and answer period. A handout, “SPIN FISHING FOR WILD TROUT -- Tackle, Tips & Technique” lists the critical points of my program and will be given to everyone. Also, for those interested, a handout showing in detail the parts necessary for constructing homemade spinners, as well as a handout listing the necessary parts for assembling your own spinning rod, will be available.

For anglers who already use spinners, you will not want to miss this chance to take your spin fishing to the next higher level. For bait and fly anglers, I guarantee my tips will help you bring more trout, both stocked and wild, to hand. Even people who don’t fish have enjoyed this presentation. So why not join us for an enjoyable evening of trout talk and camaraderie. Admission is free. You’ll be glad you came.
bigguy54 and Shed Antler like this.

I can be contacted at [email protected].
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 09:24 PM

I highly recommend it. Been there, done that, several times.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 06:37 PM

I recommend attending if you can. It’s been years since I’ve seen Frank’s presentation. I know he’s updated it with new pictures. Every angler can learn from it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Banned

Do you ever do this close to home??? Would be interested. Fish much of the same places you mentioned. Can't make it there on that date but would be interested in coming to one.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2019, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shed Antler View Post
Do you ever do this close to home??? Would be interested. Fish much of the same places you mentioned. Can't make it there on that date but would be interested in coming to one.
Only if I'm asked. I did one in Altoona last March or April. Nothing scheduled except the one near Pittsburgh right now.

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-30-2019, 12:54 PM
The Man

Does the cost of admission include Air fare? I'm clear on the other side of the state. (lol)
I'd love to attend Frank, sure wish it was closer.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-03-2019, 11:46 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Finally! I have waited several years for the timing and location to all come together for this chance. I'm heading to PA late next week for my 1 month trout fishing vacation, and will be at my parents in Moon, right up the hill from Sewickley. I was planning on heading North to camp after Mother's day brunch on Sunday, but this is one of the few reasons in the world that for me is worth giving up 2 days of fishing for.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 11:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgeorge2 View Post
Finally! I have waited several years for the timing and location to all come together for this chance. I'm heading to PA late next week for my 1 month trout fishing vacation, and will be at my parents in Moon, right up the hill from Sewickley. I was planning on heading North to camp after Mother's day brunch on Sunday, but this is one of the few reasons in the world that for me is worth giving up 2 days of fishing for.
Hi Jay,

It will be good to meet you after all of these years!

I believe you will be the first person ever coming from the Moon to see my program.

This should be a fun evening for everyone.

- Frank -

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 06:48 PM
New Arrival

Man, wish I could make it but am all the way to the northwest in northern Wisconsin.

Sure would like to see a short video of how you do your underhand flip cast, Frank?

Enjoy Mother Nature's Glory, everyday!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 07:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly49 View Post
Man, wish I could make it but am all the way to the northwest in northern Wisconsin.

Sure would like to see a short video of how you do your underhand flip cast, Frank?
I actually don't have a video of myself casting. Maybe someday. I've never done a video with my camera except when I hit the movie button by mistake a couple times.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page