Craigs Lures?? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 05:09 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Question Craigs Lures??

Recently tried to buy some of this guys 1/8-1/4oz trout spinners with the "white" bead and it looks like he is no longer in business. Can anyone offer an alternative vendor who produces/build's a similar spinner?

These were dynamite (w/out the explosion) for me and if I can't find another vendor I might have to build my own. Thxs for any suggestions. CleoW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 06:45 AM
Regular Visitor

I’m not sure where you are from in 3c, but I’m pretty sure that I saw some homemade white bead spinners at the Hunters Gallery in Hamlin when I was there this winter.
CleoW likes this.

You can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 08:05 AM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleoW View Post
Recently tried to buy some of this guys 1/8-1/4oz trout spinners with the "white" bead and it looks like he is no longer in business. Can anyone offer an alternative vendor who produces/build's a similar spinner?

These were dynamite (w/out the explosion) for me and if I can't find another vendor I might have to build my own. Thxs for any suggestions. CleoW

I tried to get some more too and had the same result.....hopefully someone has some info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dthomas View Post
Iím not sure where you are from in 3c, but Iím pretty sure that I saw some homemade white bead spinners at the Hunters Gallery in Hamlin when I was there this winter.

I shop Hunters Gallery, next time I'll have to look. Thank you very much. CleoW
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 12:55 PM
Regular Visitor

Your best bet is to build your own. Any color your want, you can make both weights that you want, and you can make like 25 of them for $5.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 01:22 PM
Regular Visitor

They were on the reel case in the back where they sell the license. That was 2-3 months ago though.

You can't kill anything sitting on the couch.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-19-2019, 09:34 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Sorry guys but the lures were really cutting into my time. It is odd to say but I started to get really busy with advertising and filling orders. While this is a great thing for most people, I already have a full time business and it started to interrupt that so I had to make a decision. That decision of course was to abandon the lures.

Making your own is pretty simple, with just some parts and a pair of round nose needle pliers or if you want to get fancy, a wire bender. There are tutorials on YouTube as well as threads here. I think Frank sells them here still?? Maybe some others here?

Once again, sorry for the disappearance. Tight lines!
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:52 PM

I make and sell White Bead Gold spinners. I've never had an issue with time like troutspinner because I never sold very many.

Please email me at [email protected] for details if interested.
CleoW likes this.

Last edited by FrankTroutAngler; 04-20-2019 at 10:00 PM.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2019, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
Your best bet is to build your own. Any color your want, you can make both weights that you want, and you can make like 25 of them for $5.
Even if you buy parts in bulk, like 1,000's of each bead, blade and hook, you won't come close to making 25 of them for $5.00. Last time I costed it out it cost me $.63 for the parts to make one spinner. This is still really cheap compared to paying retail. If parts aren't bought in bulk the cost per spinner can easily be over $1.00.

I can be contacted at [email protected].
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 08:50 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
Where are you getting materials to make 25/$5? Or were you just guessing. They usually cost me about $1/ea.

I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page