Mentor day - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Mentor day

Any parents make it out today with the kids for the opener in the SE? It’s cold and windy, and yesterday the 3 streams that are stocked by my house were high and muddy.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ftup View Post
Any parents make it out today with the kids for the opener in the SE? It’s cold and windy, and yesterday the 3 streams that are stocked by my house were high and muddy.
I’m not a parent, but I helped stock today. I didn’t see a lot of parents and kids out. The creek we stocked falls quickly so it’s fishable. I saw some adults fishing (where the kid had a rod and so did the adult), which as I understand it, is not permitted.

I haven’t help stock in a long time. Got quite a workout.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:10 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Report from the kid, nothing much happening. No stringers full of fish from adults this year maybe the hard rain was a blessing this week
4c_game_chaser likes this.

2017-Working on the house has replaced hunting and fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
The Man

My buddy sent me a pick of the crick we fish. Still muddy. Did say he saw a young boy catch one while he was down therewhile his 17 year old brother was helping him hold his rod tip up. The 17 year old didn’t have a rod! Good for those boys.

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 07:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Traveler View Post
I’m not a parent, but I helped stock today. I didn’t see a lot of parents and kids out. The creek we stocked falls quickly so it’s fishable. I saw some adults fishing (where the kid had a rod and so did the adult), which as I understand it, is not permitted.

I haven’t help stock in a long time. Got quite a workout.
The PFBC allows adults to fish with children but adults must release the fish unharmed. I never heard of them actually stocking on the day itself before. Here in Lancaster County I drove by Hammer Creek which looked like a river of chocolate milk with nobody fishing. Might make the fishing better opening day than it would have been otherwise although the fish will be more scattered from the high water.
Potter Co. Joe likes this.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:45 PM

https://cumberlink.com/news/local/multimedia/photo_galleries/photos-mentored-youth-trout-fishing-day/collection_482c7e49-e176-52e9-a148-570021a3bd77.html#1

Checkout this link from a place near me. Very pathetic the amount of adults lined up to fish with no kids around. Place was packed with adults
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 08:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by charman03 View Post
https://cumberlink.com/news/local/multimedia/photo_galleries/photos-mentored-youth-trout-fishing-day/collection_482c7e49-e176-52e9-a148-570021a3bd77.html#1

Checkout this link from a place near me. Very pathetic the amount of adults lined up to fish with no kids around. Place was packed with adults
That is pretty pathetic. I never take a rod when i take my kids fishing for the Mentor youth opener. Creeks were just to high today only saw 4 cars parked a the local stream today.

4B
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 09:36 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by charman03 View Post

That's crazy full of people. I'd never fish at a lake on opening day. Maybe it was full there because most creeks were unfishable. Looks like if anyone hooked a fish there they couldn't help but get tangled in a bunch of lines.
Potter Co. Joe likes this.
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 08:54 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25ftup View Post
Any parents make it out today with the kids for the opener in the SE? Itís cold and windy, and yesterday the 3 streams that are stocked by my house were high and muddy.
Was going to take the Grandson but decided not to because of the weather.
Tough to keep a kid interested with cold hands and high winds.

Potter County
Gods Country USA
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 03-24-2019, 01:34 PM
Sage

My son and I will go on mentor day for the rest of the state.

Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page