Youth Fishing Question - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By rls365

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Youth Fishing Question

I know this has been discussed before but I am having trouble finding the information. This is the first year that I will take my 4 y/o fishing, mainly just ponds for now. I already have my 2019 fishing license but do I need to get my youth a fishing license or MY Card to be legal? I will not fish on the MY day, I just want to be there for my kid and teach/help them.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:41 AM

For the mentored day they need either the license or voluntary permit. The rest of the year they do not need anything.

"live and learn, and then catch fish"
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 09:41 AM
Sage

https://www.fishandboat.com/Fish/Fis...thProgram.aspx

wmu 3A

Last edited by timberdoodle; 03-12-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: error
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:21 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Interesting - I will purchase a Voluntary Youth License because I agree with how the funds are purposed. But, one thing that I find concerning is the streams in my area are being stocked after Youth Day opening. I can see this being an issue with people who wont bother purchasing a Vol Youth License because of the fact of the stocking schedules, and if a youth has to possess a License for the MY Day only, would it make sense to take a youth to a unstocked stream and pay for them to fish prior to it being stocked?
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-12-2019, 10:52 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by G2CDeer View Post
Interesting - I will purchase a Voluntary Youth License because I agree with how the funds are purposed. But, one thing that I find concerning is the streams in my area are being stocked after Youth Day opening. I can see this being an issue with people who wont bother purchasing a Vol Youth License because of the fact of the stocking schedules, and if a youth has to possess a License for the MY Day only, would it make sense to take a youth to a unstocked stream and pay for them to fish prior to it being stocked?

Not all state streams are stocked for MY day. Check the stocking schedule for streams near you and pay attention to stocking dates.
Your local stream may not be stocked early for MY day but there should be a stream within a reasonable distance to take your son to.

Good luck and have fun...

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-19-2019, 10:26 AM
New Arrival

Make Opening Day Great Again,
changes need to made for youth day it's so abused by morons its comical. Shame because if it was just kids fishing it would be a different story and benefit to get kids involved in fishing...
GSP66 likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page