Some Urban Wild Trout - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 5Likes
  • 5 Post By LancFisherman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Some Urban Wild Trout

Hello Everyone!

I had some spare time in the morning on New Years Eve, so I decided to hit a wild trout stream. The setting is not for one who loves aesthetics, but the fish are there for sure. It is located right in the center of a populous area in a park. I see people fishing here from time to time, but it has a very minimal effect on the fishing in my experience.

I always park at the upper most lot, then walk the to the end of public access and work my way back. I did have to maneuver around a couple other fisherman but other than that most people were just out for a walk. It is not stocked in this section, but it is above here. I had pretty solid morning with the Thomas spinner. Landed close to 30 fish in about 3 hours or so before the rain came in. At that point, I just decided it was best to head home and great for the night. I have a video a long with the post for anyone interested!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:28 AM

Very Nice!!!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-22-2019, 07:42 AM
The Man

Looks like a great stream. Really enjoyed the video. Great job!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:56 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Thank you both! It was a blast!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:10 PM
Regular Visitor

Good job! I’m a bit confused however...if it’s stocked above where you were, do the stocked fish migrate down? Or is it a wild stream that is also stocked? The stream would most likely not be classified as a Class A then.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 03:27 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonC View Post
Good job! Iím a bit confused however...if itís stocked above where you were, do the stocked fish migrate down? Or is it a wild stream that is also stocked? The stream would most likely not be classified as a Class A then.
There are several examples of Class A streams that get stocked. Also, some streams may have a Class A section that is not stocked, but still have other sections that are not listed as wild trout that are stocked.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycomingflyfisher View Post
There are several examples of Class A streams that get stocked. Also, some streams may have a Class A section that is not stocked, but still have other sections that are not listed as wild trout that are stocked.
Exactly. This creek does hold wild trout throughout it's entirety, but they only stock the upper section. The lower section listed as Class A. I do catch your occasional stocked rainbow in the Class A section, but its not overly common.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 05:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm pretty sure I know the stream by the picture you posted. I tried to play the video, but it failed to play. Anyone else have that problem?

ps: If it is the same stream, about 5 years ago a monster brown trout lived under the tree roots at that overhanging tree in the photo. I hooked him 2 times. I'm pretty sure it isn't there anymore.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-29-2019, 09:14 PM

I enjoyed the video. Glad you were able to get out and catch some trout. I haven't had the chance to fish yet this year. It doesn't look like I will be any time soon with the upcoming weather forecast.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page