I could use some help
I have not fished for trout too much over the last 10-15 years and would like to get back into it. I used to have a lot of success with the original CP Swings that I raided from my great-grandfathers tackle box that my dad had inherited. I was thinking I would like to try to make some spinners due to my wife being less than thrilled with the amount of money that I spent on spinners (and then lost) last year. I have been reading over a lot of old posts in here and have some questions. I know a lot of these questions are dumb, but my fishing knowledge is mostly self taught and probably misinformed.
-I haven’t preference in style right now, I could make styles similar to CP swing, Panther Martin, Meps, or Rooster Tail
1. When you talk about spinner weight does that include everything? Example wire, blade, treble, cleves, and body or beads OR is it the weight of the body/bead and if so does it include the hollow bead above the cleves?
2. Where do you guys order your stuff from?
3. Is there a book, guide, or reference manual that you guys like?
4. Based on previous posts for smaller rivers streams seems to be French Blade 0-1 at 1/8 oz. with #10 treble is this correct?
5. What is the consensus on wire gauge? Several forms have differing recommendations.
-Any and all input is greatly appriciated. I appreciate anyone taking time out of their schedule to help me out.
You can't kill anything sitting on the couch.