Need quick help? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-15-2018, 10:55 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Need quick help?

Guys, if youíve looked at my thread about waders/hip boots you will know that I ordered wader pants and Korkers. Having never worn either didnít really know what sizes to order. So I ordered the wader pants based on size 11 shoe and the Korkers one size larger, 12ís. Well the size 11 in wader pants was on the line between two sizes so ordered the mediums.

Well they both came yesterday and right now donít know whether I should keep them or exchange both for one size larger. The waders pants stocking feet are by no means tight other than ankle/rock guard area but may be a tad short when I squat or kneel. Then when I put on the Korkers everything got tighter in the foot area. Am pretty sure the Korkers should be size 13 for me, maybe.

Do I want both to be a snug fit? I know if these were just normal boots/socks with this fit it would be to tight for me. Will these boots stretch when wet and after wearing? Iím worried about what is the correct type of fit? Donít want to wear something that I canít return after finding all is too tight after my first wearing.

Give me some ideas of how these should fit to be comfortable yet not cause any feet issues down the road? Thanks again!

Enjoy Mother Nature's Glory, everyday!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 06:10 AM

I order one size larger for Korkers boots as well. I wear two pair of socks plus the stocking foot pants so it needs to be bigger. You don’t want those to be loose.

Did you get wet wading pants or stocking foot waders?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 10:48 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Actually with one pair of medium weight wool socks they are really tight. With 1mm wet socks they are snug.

I got the stocking foot wader pants.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-16-2018, 11:15 PM

If they’re really tight then go up one size on the boots.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM

When I wear a neoprene wading sock with my Frogg Toggs I only wear a regular cotton sneaker sock like I'd wear any ole day. But ya, you need to order one size largers for fit the wading sock of the waders.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 09:35 AM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Let me understand, you have a cotton sock inside the neoprene wading sock, then the stocking feet of your wader pants so 3 layers inside the wading boot?

If that is the case all three items, wet sock, stocking foot wader pants and the Korkers are too small. The Korkers are already one size larger, normally wear 11eee and the other two items since my size was at the top range for one size/at the bottom range for next size I chose the smaller one. IE. 9-11 were mediums and 11-13 were the next size. So I guess ordering the large and 13 size Korkers should work, I hope?

Oh well canít use them for a few days anyway, just finished almost 4 days of rain, creeks are way, way up.

Thanks for your help. Itís tough when you have to order online-no place close within 3 hours to try on.

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-18-2018, 11:45 AM

No. I just wear a cotton sock inside of the stocking foot on my Frogg Togg waders. 2 total layers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page