How about some bait fishing reports? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
The Man

How about some bait fishing reports?

The past few years, this forum has kinda morphed into the MY debate forum or the spinner fishing forum. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but with the eastern season in full swing and the rest of the state season about to begin, how about some of us post some threads about our fishing trips to add a little variety to the forum??? You don't need to catch 100 trout. Don't need to catch a 20 inches. Just go fishing and have fun.

I'm sure many would like to see that. I'm heading to camp Sunday to Tuesday next week and plan on taking a few pics. If I can get my technology-challenged butt into gear to post some pics, I'll do it when I get back.

Good luck out there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 05:52 PM
Frequent Contributor

I'm with you Kudu we use mainly live bait (butter worms,worms,night crawler pieces) but also power bait ,spinners,trout magnets ,corn, whatever we think there are hitting that day.Im there to catch fish and enjoy the day .
kudu58 likes this.
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:20 PM

I've been having a very good season so far. Caught a couple on jigs but the vast majority have been on corn. Caught 8 today and 4 were on corn, 2 on worms and 2 on power bait. Biggest was a 20 inch brown that also fell to the nibblet...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trout.JPG (297.0 KB, 39 views)
kudu58 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:31 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I cut my fishing teeth as a ham and egger, but find myself moving more towards fly fishing.

Good luck to all who go out.

“I prefer my kid hunt and fish rather than steal and deal,”
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I catch some on spinners but also some on Powerbait. Me and my buddy had a good day yesterday at the E. Br. Brandywine Creek in Chester County. I finished with 24 and my buddy had 17. We ended up fishing while it was snowing which was a first for me since I don't fish in the winter. I never take a camera with me and I don't own an I phone so sorry, no photos.
kudu58 likes this.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 06:57 PM
Caz
New Arrival

Nice brown there whaler. This weekend at camp is one of the only times we use live bait for trout. Minnows. This is also one of the only times that we keep a few to eat.

5B 4B 4D
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-10-2018, 09:16 PM
Part of the Community

i like the old school penn reel you have. I have three of them and the drags are blown from steelhead.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 06:41 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I caught 5 brookies on redfins yesterday nice day on the Breeches.. water is up a bit , and cold... guys spinning report sluggish action for them guys using kitchen sink ( corn,dough) did well on the rainbows..

warmer this Friday Sat Sun guys will be out of the wood work
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-11-2018, 08:51 AM

Cmwrestler -I bought that combo in the late 1980s. I've replaced some parts on the old Penn but I love that outfit. I don't remember the brand of the rod and all the lettering is worn off but its caught 1000s of fish.
cmwrestler2008 likes this.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Frequent Contributor

My son and I will be heading out Saturday for the opener here near Kane, Pa... and I plan to be packing everything bait wise... Minnows, Wax Worms, Crawlers, Powerbait, Corn, Salmon Eggs, even some Steelhead Eggs - Along with Spinners, Spoons, Trout Magnets, and even Glow jigs. We're both planning to keep our limits if we're lucky enough to catch them ( as we try to only keep trout 15 inches or larger ), then we plan to come home- Clean them- wrap them in foil with butter and seasonings- and cook them in a nice campfire in our back yard...... We were going to cook them at the stream, but weren't sure if it'd be legal or not.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page