Photobucket Fix for Seeing Pictures in Threads - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By bjb2799
  • 1 Post By loridr

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 08:54 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Photobucket Fix for Seeing Pictures in Threads

I saw this on another "fishing" forum. I did exactly as it said and was able to view one of my old posts from last year that had Photobucket links in it (all pictures were visible). I'm still going to stick it out with Flickr, but it's nice to go back through some of the older posts and be able to see the pictures.

Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 09:39 AM
The Man

Since this is running locally on your PC, this will allow you to see the pics on your own PC, but won't allow others to that haven't downloaded and installed the fix. Yes / No?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post
Since this is running locally on your PC, this will allow you to see the pics on your own PC, but won't allow others to that haven't downloaded and installed the fix. Yes / No?
Yes, I believe it only fixes the issue on your own PC. I haven't tried it on my iPhone yet, but in the Chrome browser settings, it says that if you are logged in on all your devices with Chrome, the plug-ins carry forward.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 09:47 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

That is an awesome fix! Thanks for the heads up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loridr View Post

Yes, others will need to download the fix/patch in order to view Photobucket pictures on their PC's.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 11:15 AM

Unfortunately, I deleted all pictures I had into Photobucket and closed my account.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 11:17 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjb2799 View Post
I saw this on another "fishing" forum. I did exactly as it said and was able to view one of my old posts from last year that had Photobucket links in it (all pictures were visible). I'm still going to stick it out with Flickr, but it's nice to go back through some of the older posts and be able to see the pictures.

Apparently Google Chrome and Foxfire have found a way to access the photos that Photobucket.com does not now allow you to post to 3rd party sites anymore without paying a high price.

"In the cases where former/current PhotoBucket users haven't deleted all their albums, Chrome and Firefox now have an extension, Photobucket Embed Fix, that will display 3rd party hosted images. It will fix all your broken pics, no need for you to do anything, it runs entirely in the background.

Click Tools>Add-Ons (Or press CTL+Shift+A) >select Extensions > enter "photobucket embed" in the Search box (upper right corner) > then click the install button."

bjb - are you OK if I copy this post into the Habitat and Hunting Camp Forums? Several guys have some threads with Photobucket pics. Please let me know, thanks!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by OAWC View Post
bjb - are you OK if I copy this post into the Habitat and Hunting Camp Forums? Several guys have some threads with Photobucket pics. Please let me know, thanks!
Go for it! I literally copied and pasted my initial thread from the other forum with only minor edits.
OAWC likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-20-2017, 01:19 PM
The Man

Thread should be a sticky in all forums.
OAWC likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page