Friday Fishing Fun - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 03:48 PM Thread Starter

Friday Fishing Fun

Since I may not get to fish this weekend (yes…..kidssports), I had a window to get out and do a little metal slingin’ this morning. I was on a schedule so I was veeery earlytoday and arrived streamside to a chilly 45 degrees. For June 9th it was tad on the coldside. Definitely colder than I wouldhave liked to start the day and I was concerned it was going to slow the fishdown. The water was really truckin’along when I sent my first cast to a stream-side eddy that looked pretty trouty. A few cranks of the handle and the firsttrout of the day was trying to unsuccessfully escape our eventual face to face.

As I alluded to, waterwas pretty high, quite a bit higher than I was expecting it to be actually, andthat rendered many spots unfishable that would have otherwise more than likelyyielded a fish or two.

But there were enough pools and slower runs to allow me topick off trout pretty steadily throughout the AM.

Some left over stockers were still around too, but not verymany.

There were a LOT of wild flowers along the creek todayincluding my personal favorite ‘Forget me nots’

At one point a GBH hopped out of the creek in front of mewhich shut the fishing down for a little. On another occasion a large white 5 gallon bucket came bonking andclanking down the stream which shut the fishing down yet again. That one was actually a first for me…..Butall in all I would say the fishing was pretty good. Not like some more recent outings butconsidering the unseasonably cool morning, the high water, and the bucketbrigade, the 117 trout caught and release where more than enough to make myday.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-09-2017, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Boy, a lot about this website sure sucks. I have no idea why every time I post it takes a lot of my words and removes the space between them. So frustrating.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 10:43 AM

N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout 2003 View Post
Boy, a lot about this website sure sucks. I have no idea why every time I post it takes a lot of my words and removes the space between them. So frustrating.

I noticed that in some previous post of yours the last few weeks. I have read plenty of your post in the past and was wondering what was up with the spacing being it was never like that before.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 12:37 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I've been having a lot of trouble with ducks this year shutting the fish down, even on tiny mountain streams. Thanks Global Warming! j/k. The bucket thing sounds pretty funny I guess because it didn't happen to me...
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-10-2017, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

I definitely mumbled some stuff under my breath in a 'figures' type of attitude haha. The funniest part is that I grabbed it and tried to toss it up high on the bank but it bounced and rolled all the way back down to the creek below me so I had to scramble down the stream to get it. It really wasn't something that I could just stick in my pocket haha but I wanted it out of the creek.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:53 AM

Another excellent outing! The pictures are great; I especially like the first picture with the brown with the big red spots.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-11-2017, 10:15 PM
Part of the Community

I love that brown with the orange dots. Very cool.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Frequent Contributor

You can't beat an outing like that one before work. Nice photos as usual.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-12-2017, 07:39 PM
Super Moderator

Nice fish!! You guys have some awesome looking streams where you fish!!

My name is Moss and i'm a turkey huntin' addict

I'm itchin' to see a red fox twitchin!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-17-2017, 11:11 AM

I think the pink wildflower is called Herb Robert. I've only seen it at two places here in SC PA, and both of those places are close together.

What program do you write your story in before pasting it here? I use MicroSoft Word and the only problem I have is that it deletes the blank line between each paragraph when I paste it here. I then have to go through it and put in the blank lines here on this website.

Looks like you had another fine outing. Nice trout photos.

I can be contacted at [email protected].

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page