3Likes
  • 1 Post By Trout Traveler
  • 1 Post By Trout 2003
  • 1 Post By EIGHT POINT

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 AM Thread Starter
Regular Visitor

Just a thought.

A lot of DH and all tackle areas are separated by bridges in the stream. If one would hook a fish in a DH and it runs downstream into the all tackle section is one able to keep it? Or if one hooks a fish in an all tackle area and it runs downstream into a DH? Does it go by where the fish is hooked or where it is landed? This is assuming that is a time like now when one is not allowed to keep fish from a DH.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 06:12 AM

If you are fishing a DH section and you catch a trout that runs out that section, I wouldn't keep it if you plan to return to the DH section after you land the fish. You would be in possession of a trout out of season.
Outdooraddict24 likes this.

Last edited by Trout Traveler; 04-13-2017 at 07:45 AM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 09:17 AM

Let's say a WCO is watching. My guess is that if you hook a trout in the DH and it makes legit run out of the DH and you keep that fish he will simply shake his head and think less than nice thoughts about you. If, on the other hand, you hook a trout and work it out of the DH and keep it then you are getting a citation for keeping that fish. Like TT said though, obviously you can't be in possession of trout on a DH before harvest is allowed so that would come into play in any decision.
Marcus99 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 02:04 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If in doubt release the fish.
I would not be fishing that close to a DH section anyway unless the DH area was open for harvest and I was there for substance fish and not entirely for sport.
No trout around here is going to take you down stream or up stream for that matter that far.
We're not Salmon fishing here.....
bigguy54 likes this.

LIVE TO HUNT - HUNT TO LIVE
TAKE A CHILD HUNTING AND PRESERVE THE SPORT
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-13-2017, 05:41 PM

I would say you have to release it if you're fishing in the DH. By the logic you are using guys could be clearly fishing in DH and then "fighting"(IE Walking) fish down to all tackle waters. I'm just guessing but I would think that the rules are about where you are standing and not where the fish is hooked or landed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page