MY fishing success - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

MY fishing success

You couldn't buy that smile for a million bucks. 30 inches btw, he caught a 15 inch on his 2nd cast! My kids are having a blast with a grandsons wish I didn't have to work
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 2720.jpeg (389.8 KB, 76 views)

2017-Working on the house has replaced hunting and fishing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:06 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Awesome! Congrats to all involved. Get them kids out there everyone!
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:52 AM
Part of the Community

Awesome!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 01:45 PM Thread Starter
Diehard Outdoorsman

Yea these were the first fish he ever caught too, both sons love to fish and i think he hooked this guy! Imagine a 15 inch rainbow and a 30 inch pali as your first fish too. 40+ years ago I think my first fish was a sunfish or a sucker.

Edit- report from son here and a little walk from the Jordan which runs thru my property. Son called to tell how they were doing, and it shows the good/bad of MY. Right now the only people fishing are a ton of adults, kids are playing. He said the big hole they are at is pretty much cleaned out. So I walked down to the creek here and yea it got hammered too, I didn't see a single fish its pretty cleaned out. I thought it was odd the first day last year my wife and I didn't catch a single fish. This is why I guess. Its a great program IF they only allow the kids to fish-no adults. There's always that segment of the population that takes advantage of a good thing.

2017-Working on the house has replaced hunting and fishing

Last edited by Talonracer; 03-25-2017 at 02:21 PM. Reason: report from son
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 03:12 PM
The Man

Talon its funny you posted that. My buddy lives 100 yds from the Wissahickon, so he went down to see how it was going. He said all he saw was a bunch of kids playing in the woods 20 yds behind the dads as the adults fished. He actually saw dads putting fish on stringers... Thought the Mentors couldn't keep fish? O Well!

Camp life,it don't get much better!
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 05:31 PM

Nice photo.

That's one tall little kid. Must be close to six feet tall already.

I often wonder if kids will have any interest in fishing later on when they catch such big trout right off the bat.

I'd like to see the MY day be catch and release, even if it meant some waste from hooking mortality.
nomad_archer, bjb2799 and chilli like this.

I can be contacted at [email protected].
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 07:33 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Nice fish and great weather to be out today. There were 3 people fishing today (kids and adults) in a stream I drove by near by house. They must have got the dates mixed up on the MY day since I live in Fayette county.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 10:27 PM

Great fish and that is a wonderful smile. I took my daughter out and we waited until 10:30 to get out but there was still a huge crowd. Seems like everyone was having fun but it looked like opening day. There were several adults fishing without the kids anywhere near by. I was fishing with my 5 year old daughter and was doing everything I could to keep her in the water and try to get a hook up myself so she could land a fish. We ended up getting one on and having a long distance release but she still had a blast. After seeing what I saw I think the program could be improved so the mentored part of this gets more attention. I saw lots of adults fishing without kids anywhere near by and plenty of older kids fishing without a "mentor" anywhere around which makes this feel more like people are treating this more like an early opening day than a mentored fishing/learning experience for the kid. Since the fishing was slow me and my daughter seined the stream a few times and had an education lesson on some of the different aquatic insects and how they lined up with what was in her fly box. Overall it was fun and I will get her into fish another time when there is less pressure.

post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:05 PM
Part of the Community

I made it out to the Wissahickon at bells mill rd about 9am. Water was low and more crowded than i expected. I saw guys fishing that I'm almost sure didn't even have kids with them. Dcnr or whoever drove past and stopped on the trail and stared at everybody for a few and then drove off. We were three first time anglers and two adults, who tried to wet a line in between tangles, but not a single fish was landed. Did see three palominos in the water and probably about 8-10 fish caught before we left at 11:30. All in all still a good day

But man was that water low from what I remember from last year
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-25-2017, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talonracer View Post
You couldn't buy that smile for a million bucks. 30 inches btw, he caught a 15 inch on his 2nd cast! My kids are having a blast with a grandsons wish I didn't have to work
Looks like a taxidery bill if I've ever seen one

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page