New Arrival

Wild Trout....moved to proper forum

http://www.fishandboat.com/Zone1/Doc...a-straight.pdf

><(John{(°>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 08:20 PM

Hi Fish Tales,

I'm glad to see that the PFBC continues to recognize the value of wild trout. Keep up the good work and don't worry about the naysayers. Education takes a long time, but the portion of the trout angling public that understands the value of wild trout has increased exponentially since the introduction of Operation Future many years ago. I believe even more anglers will value wild trout in the future, as well as practice catch and release.

I think it is particularly interesting to compare some of the best wild trout streams in PA to those famous ones in other states, particularly out west. This sure sends a strong message, both in the value of what we have here as well as how lucky we are to have it.

- Frank Nale -

By the way, for those of you who don't know, "Fish Tales" is John Arway, Executive Director of the PFBC.
nomad_archer likes this.

I can be contacted at [email protected].
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankTroutAngler View Post
Hi Fish Tales,

I'm glad to see that the PFBC continues to recognize the value of wild trout. Keep up the good work and don't worry about the naysayers. Education takes a long time, but the portion of the trout angling public that understands the value of wild trout has increased exponentially since the introduction of Operation Future many years ago. I believe even more anglers will value wild trout in the future, as well as practice catch and release.

I think it is particularly interesting to compare some of the best wild trout streams in PA to those famous ones in other states, particularly out west. This sure sends a strong message, both in the value of what we have here as well as how lucky we are to have it.

By the way, for those of you who don't know, "Fish Tales" is John Arway, Executive Director of the PFBC.
Thanks for letting us know Frank.

I agree that the appreciation of wild trout has greatly increased and that C&R has thankfully increased. Until you've lived in another state that has inferior wild trout streams to PA (which is most of them), it's easy to take it for granted.

As someone who has fished some western streams, I found the trout population comparison to be very interesting. The average size of trout in the western streams is larger. For one thing, the western streams listed are all much larger streams and almost all of them are tailwater streams.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 08:33 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Personally I'd prefer if the PFBC did not ID anymore "wild" streams in the state. I found plenty without their help in the 80's + 90's. With the internet and chat rooms it's getting crowded out there now. Here in the SE 80% of these streams are also on private property so you need to ask permission to be there, some times from multiple landowners - something very few of us do.

“Would it save you a lot of time if I just gave up and went mad now?” Douglas Adams
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 02-18-2017, 06:06 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemole View Post
Personally I'd prefer if the PFBC did not ID anymore "wild" streams in the state. I found plenty without their help in the 80's + 90's. With the internet and chat rooms it's getting crowded out there now. Here in the SE 80% of these streams are also on private property so you need to ask permission to be there, some times from multiple landowners - something very few of us do.
On a positive note though once a stream has been identified as holding wild fish, or becomming a class rated stream that stream then has regulations put in place to help protect not only the fish but the water as well. From companies dumping waste and junk, fracking, and many other things.
nomad_archer likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page