Father's Day Fishing - Monday (Day 3) - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 04:18 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Father's Day Fishing - Monday (Day 3)

After Saturday morning’s dramatic finish, I spent the remainder of Saturday and Sunday fishing for bass with my three boys and father at our campground.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Monday, June 22nd </span>

I popped out of bed Monday morning and was super pumped to get to the stream and start fishing. When I reached my destination, it was still too dark to start fishing. Still thinking that something has to be up with this section, I drove up and down the surrounding roads to make sure I wasn’t missing any obvious posted signs. I didn’t run into any near the stretch of stream I planned on fishing, so I proceeded with my plan.

I couldn’t resist the urge and started off at the same pool that I ended at on Saturday. My first cast and I have a fish on. I could tell almost immediately it was much, smaller than the stockers I was bringing to hand on Saturday.

I was surprised to land a wild brown from this pool considering all the commotion from a couple of days before. After I released this trout, I proceeded to catch 3 more stocked brookies and a smaller wild brown before finally making my way upstream.

The action was superb from the start. Instead of landing out-of-place stockers, I was hauling in wild brown trout at a pretty good pace.

The stream had all the desirable “trouty spots” that trout fisherman crave.

The only native that I landed during the outing.

After about an hour and a half of decent fishing, I hit a dead end. Lying across the flowing stream was a downed tree with a brand new “posted and patrolled” sign. Luckily there was a decent trail to follow out. When I reached my starting point, I just had to throw a few more casts into the now “infamous” pool. The pool didn’t disappoint and I brought an additional 3 stocked brookies to hand before calling it a day.

There was no better way to end the extended weekend than with a pounder and grilled chicken.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 05:04 PM

Re: Father's Day Fishing - Monday (Day 3)

Nice man! Well done. Such a pretty stream! Glad you have a good weekend.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-26-2015, 06:10 PM

Re: Father's Day Fishing - Monday (Day 3)

I thought for sure you were going to find that the stream was posted.

I'm surprised there weren't more stockers as you moved upstream. Someone must have just dumped some in that one pool. Odd.

Keep us updated on your next outing.

I can be contacted at [email protected].

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page