Help! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 08:38 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Help!

Hey everyone! This year was my first in that I did not get to fish on the openning day. I usually had someone who would take me, but things happen and people change! Anyways I was wondering if anyone knew of a club in the Pittsburgh area. I'm not new to trout fishing and believe me, I can crush them, but I'm not sure how to stay active in my love for fishing (and hunting for that matter)! Does anyone have any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 09:35 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Help!

No need to find a club just start looking for water and fish, maybe not a whole lot in Pittsburghs but plenty of great fishing in the state
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 11:34 PM
The Man

You know what you're doing. Get out and find some streams! Sorry to hear about "your" changes.

WMU 5B 5C 4C 3D 2G
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-18-2015, 11:49 PM
The Man

Penns Woods West Trout Unlimited, probably mostly flyfishers.

or

Tri-County Trout Club, Lower Burrell, probably mostly spinfishers.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:32 AM
The Man

I don't think you need to join a club, just maybe some new friends who may also fish. Start talking to other women out on the stream. (I am assuming you're a woman from the name.) You may be suprised at who you find.
Also, the PGC has those Women in the Outdoors events. That may be a good place to start looking for other female outdoorspeople.
You could post in the Sportsmens Connection forum on this site and local sportsmens clubs are always an option.
Good luck.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll have to look into those. I don't think I'll ever get any of my friends out there. I'm the only one out of the bunch who's "outdoorsy."
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:17 AM
The Man

I expect you befriended our female friends on here on the Womens Forum.Janie probably isn,t to far from you and I,d betcha a beer at the Boar,s Nest she,d luv to spend time with you.I would also imagine that there is a lot of upstanding young gentleman and families on here that would also be more than happy to keep you company at your favorite stream.Good luck to you.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-19-2015, 02:19 AM

Some good suggestions....

I also wanna throw out...try posting on the woman's forum here on HPA...there are some woman on here and you might find a lifelong friend to share the outdoors with...believe me...you aren't the only woman with a passion for the outdoors..

Not that a guy can't/won't go with you...but could be a good place to find someone to meet up with that share your same passions..

Good ole boy beat me! Great minds think alike! I think that's a good place to post if you haven't...and now that he mentioned Janie...I do believe she is somewhere nearby and I agree...I betcha she'd jump at the chance!
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-20-2015, 03:14 AM

Don't let the lack of a partner deter you....it is fun to go with others but it's also fun to go solo for personal alone time and not have to chat up someone. My uncle is my fishing partner but he is over 70 and can't handle aggressive terrain...if I know he can't do the terrain...I'll go myself..many times I'll take a pack of spinners and walk around a lake for exercise casting as I go..genius putting a walking path right close to shore around the lake. Hehe
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-24-2015, 12:02 PM
The Man

Any updates?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page