The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Finally had some success

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Trout 2003 
#1 ·
After getting skunked on opening day, one pellet head the Sunday morning after, and getting skunked again the day after a late stocking at Nashaminy creek in Tyler Park, I was able to get over to the Wissahickon in Fairmount Park a couple hours after being stocked. The fish that were left (I know, that quick), were pretty skittish and weren't really hitting my green spinner, so I switched to white, which landed me these three. First the small brookie, which made my day to actually not get skunked, then the large brookie, which is the largest fish for me this season, and lastly the rainbow which was cool because I was out in the middle of the stream and he hit maybe 8 feet from where I was standing. All in all a good couple hours.

See less See more
#4 ·
Ha- I knew they stocked brown and rainbow. Have no idea why I said brooks, didn't even register til now. Bet they are all going to taste good!

And yes they were really funny strikers and tough to catch. I had 6-10 hits and also lost one. Still not used to an ultralight action rod either after solely saltwater fishing for the past decade

#7 ·
Nicely done. I recall a day years and years ago on Turtle Creek in Westmoreland country when the White Rooster could do no wrong. Nobody else was catching a darn thing while i was plastering them cast after cast everywhere I went. I was a little kid and felt like the king for the day!

Well done!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.