Special Regs Openers - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
New Arrival

Special Regs Openers

Is anyone else a little bit puzzled by the fact that trout season has opened in 2 different areas of the state and we haven't seen many success pictures? I'm a daily reader of this site and very rarely post but to all those who fish these areas of the states, how did you all make out? I spent a majority of the day out and only caught 3 trout all day. Please don't mistake this post as me complaining, I'm just curious as to how others made out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 04:29 PM

Re: Special Regs Openers

I fished the Tulpenocken creek below Blue Marsh this week.
It was stocked on Tue with rainbows and Brown trout and I caught 21.

I fished it this morning and caught 16.

Nature can teach us alot.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 06:21 PM

Passed on opener and first few days. Finally made it out to the Yellow Breeches on Tuesday. Arrived midday, no one around. Tossing Yo-Zuri Pins minnow. Ended day with 38. Most all were smaller stocked. Several natives and Largest was 17.5" brown, probable holdover given its colors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:25 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I've caught a couple in the last couple days on the yellow breeches on white streamers.

2015 success
3 doe
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 07:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Had my little guy out on Tuesday for about 15 min during a break in the rain. He caught 3 browns on roostertails.

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckzilla84
Is anyone else a little bit puzzled by the fact that trout season has opened in 2 different areas of the state and we haven't seen many success pictures? I'm a daily reader of this site and very rarely post but to all those who fish these areas of the states, how did you all make out? I spent a majority of the day out and only caught 3 trout all day. Please don't mistake this post as me complaining, I'm just curious as to how others made out.
Many have noticed the lack of trout fishing reports and pictures this year. It seems the decreasing number of hunting success pics on the site has caught on in the fishing forums as well.

I support all hunters, regardless of weapon or technique!
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:20 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
Quote:
Many have noticed the lack of trout fishing reports and pictures this year. It seems the decreasing number of hunting success pics on the site has caught on in the fishing forums as well.
Unfortunately, this is true. I know I would like to see a lot more fishing success posts. Even if I can't be out, I like to see other who are.

Whether you fish with bait, flies, or lures. Whether you keep fish or throw them all back. Let's get on the bus and start posting some fishing threads.

I had several series of pics from some of the stockings that I've done this spring, but my disc reader is broken and I need to get a new one. Working on that so I can post some threads.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:25 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpms
Quote:
Holy cow, its not even been open a full week yet and we're still a little more than a week away from the regular opener. Still plenty of time for "trophy" hatchery trout photos to get posted here.

Hunt, Fish, Vote! I support AR and Sunday hunting. Life Member of NRA and TU.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:39 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Who wants to look at a Pellet Head trout anyway?

I see said the Blind Carpenter to his Deaf Helper as he picked up his Hammer and Saw!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-09-2015, 10:42 PM
The Man

I do, even if you don't. If you don't care about "pellet head" trout, then don't come to the trout forum.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page