Mentor Fishing with Cousin - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 06:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentor Fishing with Cousin

Good luck to all braving the cold this Saturday with the mentored youth. My 15 year old cousin wants to fish but she can't make it out until later in the day. Any chance you think there will be many trophy trout to be caught later in the day on popular put and take streams near Harrisburg? Since we can only keep 4 total we are going to make sure they are large enough for meals that day. A nice preseason Palomino or two should keep our attention if it's cold out.

TRUMP '16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-22-2015, 08:28 PM
New Arrival

Re: Mentor Fishing with Cousin

Sorry to dissapoint you but Harrisburg Area Deep Sea Fishing association had a Youth Tuna Dart Day this past saturday and allowed each child to be accompanied by the cast of wicked tuna. Heard Tyler from the pinwheel and sandro from tuna.com wiped out all the yellow dumb ones. Only got 1 dollar a pound for em too lol stay home it will be freeeeezing
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 12:46 AM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood Trail 13
Good luck to all braving the cold this Saturday with the mentored youth. My 15 year old cousin wants to fish but she can't make it out until later in the day. Any chance you think there will be many trophy trout to be caught later in the day on popular put and take streams near Harrisburg? S
Conventional wisdom on here is that all trout over 12 inches will be in someone's creel at 8:01am on the MY day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 01:05 AM
Regular Visitor

I wouldn't have high hopes. Many guys I know are all of the sudden interested in taking a kid out this year, so they get first shot at a big one.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 01:52 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I'd say any Palominos that are still left late in the day will probably be spooked from people casting to them for hours so they probably won't bite on anything.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Regular Visitor

The kid or I can usually get them to hit, not always, but if we find one,even in a crowded hole chances are we will hook it. He's 15, him and I can legally go out next Saturday and more then likely cone home with. 4 nice fish, I don't believe in this program so we are sitting it out. It'd be different if it was kids like under 10, of something, and no adult fishing, but as the program stands now, I'm totally against it.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-23-2015, 03:38 PM

I think it's a non-event. It's too early in the year with how this winter was. Most guys I know haven't even gotten a license. I've decided to not go out. They'll be plenty of trout left.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 12:53 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helshollowhunter
I wouldn't have high hopes. Many guys I know are all of the sudden interested in taking a kid out this year, so they get first shot at a big one.
And that is sad.
I have a 3 year old that I will be taking out I'm not even gonna take my rod with me. It's a good idea but it needs a little fixing next year.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 01:07 PM
Frequent Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by big cat
Quote:
And that is sad.
I have a 3 year old that I will be taking out I'm not even gonna take my rod with me. It's a good idea but it needs a little fixing next year.

That is exactly what im doing. I can not believe that adults will even have the nerve to fish. All I am hoping for is that an adult dont cast over my kids line. I might end up getting arrested!
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 01:27 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MossCreekMonster
Quote:
Originally Posted by big cat
Quote:
And that is sad.

That is exactly what im doing. I can not believe that adults will even have the nerve to fish. All I am hoping for is that an adult dont cast over my kids line. I might end up getting arrested!
Same here

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page