Hip boots/Waders - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:25 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hip boots/Waders

Can anyone recommend a decent pair of hip boots or waders that gave good service and sell for under $100?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 10:50 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Hey Windsniffer,

In the absence of any other replies, I've got to tell you that I found and ordered a pair of hip boots at a cost of $110. Admittedly, they exceeded your $100 limit and are made by Caddis. I thought Caddis was a reputable manufacturer. If I had seen them in a store, I would have laughed and walked on by. Sorry, but since I immediately returned them, I cannot recommend them for purchase. Good luck finding a decent pair of hip boots anywhere near your price range.
simoncool likes this.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

Thanks, Windsniffer. I'll keep that in mind about those. Sounds like buying hip boots should be a inspect-in-a-store-only type of purchase. Perhaps others can benefit from this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:05 AM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsniffer View Post
Can anyone recommend a decent pair of hip boots or waders that gave good service and sell for under $100?

You can get a pair of lacrosse swamp tuff waders right now on sale for $118 and they are normally much more than that.
I buy lacrosse hip boots and they last pretty well. But they will run you about $150 to $170 unless you catch them on sale. I'm sure lacrosse arnt the best but they do fine for me. Here's a link.

Good luck, Good hunting.

https://www.lacrossefootwear.com/men...product-family

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:07 AM
Sage

Agree...Ck out the Lacrosse line. They make an economy line that should meet your price plus aren't disposable junk like some you find in the big box stores.

NRA Life Member
PFSC Life Member
CBF Member
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:16 AM

Location: Live in Venango County. Hunting Camp in Warren County
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggy View Post
Agree...Ck out the Lacrosse line. They make an economy line that should meet your price plus aren't disposable junk like some you find in the big box stores.

I was just checking out that site I posted that link to and I see they have Teal II waders on sale for less than $80. But they are only in a size medium.

Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

"When a pine needle falls in the forest, the eagle sees it, the deer hears it, and the bear smells it."
an old First Nations saying
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:23 AM

What about the Compass 360 waders? I've never had them but like you I am looking for a new pair too. I'd like to have waist waders as opposed to hip boots or chest waders but am afraid of cheap, Chinese made junk. Quality seems to be a rare commodity in outdoor gear these days.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:32 AM
The Man

No matter which hip boot or wader you get buy a hangar for them and keep them hanging in a cool dark place. They will last a lot longer.
loridr, Laylow and simoncool like this.

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 11:36 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingshot View Post
What about the Compass 360 waders? I've never had them but like you I am looking for a new pair too. I'd like to have waist waders as opposed to hip boots or chest waders but am afraid of cheap, Chinese made junk. Quality seems to be a rare commodity in outdoor gear these days.
The waist waders are great...I switched to them about 25 years ago and love them. I've had a couple pair of the Cabela's Dry plus stocking foots waders, but hear they are not as good as they once were. Gonna need a new pair soon, so I'll be interested in seeing the recommendations for a good pair at a good price .

The waist high are nice because they eliminate the water over the top thing I always found common when pushing the depth limits of hip boots, yet avoid the interference of the top of chest waders. Plus , now that I'm getting older, the waist high prevent me from getting into hairy situations that chest waders might tempt me into.
Laylow and Buckskin Dave like this.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old Today, 04:04 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Wore a pair of Pro-Lines in Alaska and was very happy with them. This particular pair may be a little hot for summer around here. Not top of the line by any stretch but serviceable

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in