The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

bigfoot

25K views 66 replies 36 participants last post by  Buckethead 
#1 ·
ok guys, just interested in swhat you all have to say. has anyone ever heard or seen anything strange out in the woods that would resemble bigfoot or anyone that you know of that found evidence or seen anything??????? just in pa here

#2 ·
Back in the 70s I made a couple of "Big Feet" in high school shop class that would tie onto my boots. I had the soles formed with epoxy so they would make a 3D inprint.
I brought them out the following year in the snow and jumped around the woods for a 1/2 mile or so. I then went and got my friends and showed them what I had found.
I had them all believing there was a bigfoot in the area.
The following weekend I took them out again. This time I had them lead to a Bigfoot bed that I made out of some pine needles I collected from an old pine in my back yard that the snow had not collected under.
I had them going for about a month until one day when they started talking about the bigfoot in front of my parents (they new about the "feet"!). Unfortunately, mom gave me up. We still laugh about it to this day.

#5 ·
Several years ago, I was looking out the window and noticed some movement at the edge of the woods. It was just getting dark, but I tried to get a closer look. It was hunched over and had hair that was all ratty and nappy. I hid behind a tree and continued to watch and try to get a clearer look. It was getting much darker by now, so I decided to retreat into the house.

I took a glance behind me only to find it was following me at a pretty fast pace. I ran up onto the deck and ran through the door. Hurried and locked the door behind me. It started pounding on the door! That was the night I met my mother in law.

#8 ·
InVenangoNow said:
Several years ago, I was looking out the window and noticed some movement at the edge of the woods. It was just getting dark, but I tried to get a closer look. It was hunched over and had hair that was all ratty and nappy. I hid behind a tree and continued to watch and try to get a clearer look. It was getting much darker by now, so I decided to retreat into the house.

I took a glance behind me only to find it was following me at a pretty fast pace. I ran up onto the deck and ran through the door. Hurried and locked the door behind me. It started pounding on the door! That was the night I met my mother in law.

...and the fight began!!!

#9 ·
I wouldn't say I'm a firm believer but I'm an enthusiast. Have been since I was a little kid. I read every bigfoot book in our school library at least three times each. My 6 year old son and I now watch every bigfoot show on TV. He loves the big, hairy guy too. I just think it would be pretty cool if there turned out to be some unknown species.

#14 ·
PADingo said:

I usually say somthin like; Didya see that? No! What? I think I seen a dorkfish....
I had him tree knocking after dark one night at camp. Stinking funny watching him beat the crap out of a tree with a stick. You should have seen his face when a screetch owl let loose over the hill!

#15 ·
Buckethead said:
PADingo said:

I usually say somthin like; Didya see that? No! What? I think I seen a dorkfish....
I had him tree knocking after dark one night at camp. Stinking funny watching him beat the crap out of a tree with a stick. You should have seen his face when a screetch owl let loose over the hill!
Sure it was a screech owl?

#20 ·
If anyone saw one roaming around Butler county in 92, it was probably just me. I grew a beard while at WVU, came home and scared the crap out of my mom when I walked in. I got the nickname "Sasquatch" about that same time from my soon to be brother in law and his friends. It quickly went from Sasquatch to "sass crotch" and things went downhill from there.

#25 ·
My son claims back when he was 16yrs old he was hunting yots one evening when he herd something that sounded like two yots fighting. The next thing he herd was something sceream and to this day(he's 22 now) claims that he saw something run by on it's hind legs that looked like a wherewolf, he said it had a long nose and pointed ears.

#26 ·
When I was a kid my grandparents had a summer place on French Creek just outside of Chocherton. One late evening sitting arround the campfire with the dogs so close to the flames that they were about to spontanelusly combust, I happend to mention that I read something about the Yetti and maybe ther were some in the woods behind us. My aunt got immediately crazy upset, which was kind of cool because she had consumed at least a six pack of Iron City and probably a shot or two of Jimmy Beam. My uncle, who was sailing under full canvas as well at the time, did not help defuse the situation because he said that he thought he saw some eyse looking at us out of the dark. The fact that HE probably DID see "eyes" staring at us was lost on everyone as by now the flame had touched the rim of the powder keg. Yes my frineds, it was indeed a night to remember. I, a lad of 12 or 13, had single handedly (due consideration to Iron City and Mr. Beam here-by rendered) reduced a squad of adults to hysteria by the mention of a mythical beast that I had read about in, I beleive it was, True Magazine. Anyhow, I have never seen a real Big-Foot. But that late evening on the banks of French Creek under the incredably starry skies of a coolish late October of 1963 there were 8 aunts and uncles and any number of cousins whose immagination did.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.