Iím coming up with this with HB 301.
https://www.legis.state.pa.us/cfdocs...hoice=suppress
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-02-2019, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
Administrator

Yep that's it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 12:38 PM

it would be nice if they clarify the water course language in this law. lots of grey areas in it.

life member pa trappers
distric 1,venango co leader
life member vfw
member fta
member nta
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooncrazy View Post
it would be nice if they clarify the water course language in this law. lots of grey areas in it.
Agreed. If youíre gonna fine someone $1000-$1500, there should be clarity in the law. When the BG cubby law first was enacted, it was said that technically everything at a lower elevation from the highest peak in Pa could meet the legal definition of a water course. I think thatís quite a stretch of the definition, but Iíd like to see the law fleshed out to remove any gray areas.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 03:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbrownie View Post
Agreed. If you’re gonna fine someone $1000-$1500, there should be clarity in the law. When the BG cubby law first was enacted, it was said that technically everything at a lower elevation from the highest peak in Pa could meet the legal definition of a water course. I think that’s quite a stretch of the definition, but I’d like to see the law fleshed out to remove any gray areas.
I agree, that definition of water a watercourse or waterway really needs to be refined, it is too open to interpretation. Semi permanent flooded areas should just be removed from the definition and say a riverine system, lake or pond permanently containing water. I never liked that definition.

When you are up to your butt in alligators, it is hard to remember your intent was to drain the swamp. Stay focused!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2019, 04:55 PM

I can live with anything the PGC comes up with, just clearly spell it out so thereís no confusion. Iím not much of a 160 guy anyway, if you want to catch coons fast and easy, use DPs. I have seen 160s set in a watercourse without a cubby box, ( blind sets, culverts )which is legal. Not sure if Iíd want to use them that way. At least with a cubby box theyíre set back inside 7Ē.

I canít say in 50 years of trapping that Iíve ever seen any 220s , 280s, or 330s illegally set on dry ground. When I was groundhog hunting Iíve encountered some 220s that farmers set on holes....thatís their war to fight as they see fit.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-05-2019, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooncrazy View Post
It`s fine the way it is.If they change anything ,we will always end up with the short end of the stick.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page