HCO2695 By Maloney. Resolution directing the Pennsylvania Legislative Budget and Finance Committee to study the reasoning behind the decline in the number of hunting licenses issued in Pennsylvania in recent years.
* October 11, 2019 02:04 PM
* Rep. David M. Maloney, Sr.
* A Study of the Decline in the Number of Hunting Licenses Issued in
* In the near future, I plan to introduce a resolution directing the
* Pennsylvania Legislative Budget and Finance Committee to study the
* reasoning behind the decline in the number of hunting licenses issued
* in Pennsylvania in recent years.
* In the fiscal year 2013-14 the Pennsylvania Game Commission issued
* 952,989 hunting licenses, declining to just 867,853 this fiscal year,
* with an anticipated reduction of over 7,000 licenses in 2019-20. This
* decline may be a result of various factors, including but not limited
* to, a lack of educational opportunities for young people to learn
* hunting and gun safety, or an absence of education regarding the
* importance of game management throughout the Commonwealth. There is a
* need for definitive information in order for the General Assembly to
* draft and enact comprehensive legislation to reverse this continuing
* This resolution would provide the General Assembly with a knowledge
* base to develop substantial legislation in order to preserve the
* Commonwealth's proud hunting tradition.