The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

2f

8K views 41 replies 28 participants last post by  irishiup 
#1 ·
Just see'in how everybody did up 2f for the opener. Figured guys should be getting back from camp around now with updates. wondered how the buck only opener worked out.. Im headin up there for the last weekend. looking forward to it.

#2 ·
I saw 5 doe and a spike on the first day and saw 5 deer on Tuesday. One of the first two I jumped was a buck. I never saw it but a volley of shots were ringing out along its flight path. I'll probably get back up the last Saturday.

#3 ·
Saw one deer at 3:30 on Monday....a button buck. Havent' been out since Monday due to work schedule. I'll be out Saturday, Monday, Friday and Saturday of next week.

#4 ·
Was in the area....saw 10 doe and 3 buck....one buck was a half rack 2 points, other two were both 4 points traveling together that looked identical. The only thing is one of them had a round knob on one side. I debated back and forth for about 5 minutes whether to shoot him or not.

#5 ·
Saw 4 bucks and 2 does, 2 bucks were very nice racked shooters running together at 8:15, other two were plumb sub-ARs.

Wife was only 150 yards away (only one with gun), never saw a thing all day. Put her in the wrong stand I guess...Fog was a big issue on our hilltop especially in the clearcut.

Just out on Monday.

Got a gang scheduled for Saturday..all travelways covered, lots of kids.

This heavy frost AM would of been a buck kill day up there, think my FIL is heading over, likely an hour too late though.

#6 ·
Monday I saw one good buck when I trying to push to my brother. He jumped up 40 yds in front of me and ran off with 2 doe to my right while 3 deer ran up toward my brother. I saw another deer while in the stand in the morning. My brother saw 23 deer, including the 6 pt he shot.

Eleven that were hunting monday still had buck tags and six of them filled them. Three 8 pts, Two 6 pts and a 5 pt.

I spent the afternoon dragging everyones bucks out.

Tuesday I saw 11 trying to push for my dad til noon.

#7 ·
We only had 12 hunters this year. We got one 5pt and A coyote. I myself seen 15 deer on monday. Had a small buck walk by I only counted 2 a side but somebody must of thought he was legal or could of been youth hunter cause he was shot. he had wound right in front of his tail. He was getting along just fine. Later in day I continued my streak when I missed a big one he was a good 8 if not bigger. 150 yard shot no excuse cept nerves I guess. There are a lot of deer and nice bucks up there but gotta put some leg work in and a little luck never hurts. BTW we hunted ANF near Marienville

#8 ·
Hunted near President Monday, and I seen 11 doe and a button buck. My dad seen one deer all day, a nice 7 point that he put his tag on. My uncle saw 2 doe all day. I put on a small drive right before dark, and our neighbor at camp shot a coyote I pushed to him.

#9 ·
Hey Good news here, eventhough tomorrow's snow is not supposed to cover the ground, Saturday's wind direction is forecasted perfectly for our spot...should bring them right around I hope. Everyone is going to smell like dirt that is for darn sure.

GOOD LUCK 2Fers!

#12 ·
11 deer 4 bucks hunting with 15 yo neice no shots .Other reports are mixed from our crew...To every one take it easy on the does this sat.just because pgc issues the tags dont mean we have to fill them..If you NEED it kill it .many more tags issued this year some have 2 tags and they will be the first to complain when they see no deer next year.

#13 ·
Elk said:
11 deer 4 bucks hunting with 15 yo neice no shots .Other reports are mixed from our crew...To every one take it easy on the does this sat.just because pgc issues the tags dont mean we have to fill them..If you NEED it kill it .many more tags issued this year some have 2 tags and they will be the first to complain when they see no deer next year.
I'll do with my doe tags as see fit!

#14 ·
Monday- 12 deer, 2 bucks, passed on both. Tuesday- 1 buck, gave it a pass also, no hunters. Wednesday- No hunters and no deer in the early morning. Climb into a stand around 11 AM thats in a thicket, glassed the area and found 3 doe bedded next to a tree top in high grass. They stayed bedded until I had to leave which was 2 PM.

The deer just didn't move Tuesday and Wednesday where I'm hunting, the weather was TERRIBLE!

Can't make it back out till Saturday after working until 6 AM, hopefully hunters will be out and deer will move!

#15 ·
I talked to my brother-in-law tonight, he killed a nice 7pt monday afternoon. They had 6 guys in camp and killed 3 bucks as of today at noon when he left. He said that everybody had seen deer all week. There will be 2 guys that are hunting the rest of the week. And there is supposed to be 7 in camp next thurs, Fri, sat, all of them will be doe hunting except for me if i can make the trip.

#17 ·
We saw a total of 36 deer between 8 hunters, More than 4 legal bucks and turkeys. Saw 3 Nice bucks taken, One Huge 8 that was wide and tall but not alotta mass, a 10 that had chocolate brown antlers, and a 9 that i killed. Only took 29 yrs to get one for the wall...lol. Anyone wanna post a pic I will gladly email it.

#18 ·
Hunted 2F out of Tidioute on Monday and Tuesday. Monday saw 7 doe and 1 legal buck that was running on posted property. Tuesday I saw four doe and a small 6pt that I shot. It had been shot on Monday in the hind quarter and its leg was obviously broken in two places. The buck was barely legal.
We have several guys going up Thursday -Sunday of the second week to drive some gamelands around Tidioute.
ski

#21 ·
Hunted kelletville, mayburg area 4 guys and my 8 year old tagged along with me, 2 days saw a total of 3 does between us. Tough hunting with weather, and no acorns anywhere I actually watched a doe eating bark off tree she must have been hungry.... Hard taking 8 year old and not seeing any deer in rain but it was his 1st trip and he loved camp and hunting... I think he is hooked hopefully I have a life long hunting buddy. My dream as a dad may have come true...

#22 ·
schmack said:
Hunted kelletville, mayburg area 4 guys and my 8 year old tagged along with me, 2 days saw a total of 3 does between us. Tough hunting with weather, and no acorns anywhere I actually watched a doe eating bark off tree she must have been hungry.... Hard taking 8 year old and not seeing any deer in rain but it was his 1st trip and he loved camp and hunting... I think he is hooked hopefully I have a life long hunting buddy. My dream as a dad may have come true...

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.