tell me about timbertall - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

tell me about timbertall

I was looking at the timbertall climbers...anyone have any experience with the good, bad or ugly of the stands? What do they mean by "non-adjustable"?

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-12-2013, 11:16 PM
Banned

Re: tell me about timbertall

i love mine, i have the super brute has adjustable cable system when you are up the tree and need to level up you can without unhooking the stand! going to get the wife one ,ive had mine for years i bought the original when timbertall first came out
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 01:21 PM
dce
Sage

I've had two.They're fairly light but not as light as advertised.I had a brute and it was OK but noisy.I also have a baby lite.It's OK but since it's so narrow,you really have to put a sharp angle on the platform if there's any amount of taper at the base of the tree.Te brute wasn't as bad.Also,since the baby lite is so narrow,you're limited at how wide of a tree you can climb.If you find a nice strait fairly narrow tree,it's fine.They're decent stands but for the same money,you can have a Lone wolf which is way better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 01:22 PM
dce
Sage

You're more than welcome to try mine out if you're interested.I'll bring to my office and you can take it home for a while.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dce
I've had two.They're fairly light but not as light as advertised.I had a brute and it was OK but noisy.I also have a baby lite.It's OK but since it's so narrow,you really have to put a sharp angle on the platform if there's any amount of taper at the base of the tree.Te brute wasn't as bad.Also,since the baby lite is so narrow,you're limited at how wide of a tree you can climb.If you find a nice strait fairly narrow tree,it's fine.They're decent stands but for the same money,you can have a Lone wolf which is way better.
dce: I pretty much agree with you assessment of Timber Tall...did a lot of work to improve mine. However they do take some adjustment as you climb and descend. I have no knowledge of the Lone Wolf.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 09:32 PM
dce
Sage

I think they're better as a rifle stand as long as you use the shooting rail than they make a bow stand.Not a bad stand at all.They're light compared to other stands and stable.To me,nothing beats a lone wolf.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

dce, thanks for the offer. I have an old Summit Viper that I really like, but I was thinking less weight. (my Viper is the old clasic...30 pounds) Maybe I would be better off with the newer Viper. I'm not sure about the Lone Wolf...It doesn't look as comfy as the viper.

Why do they call it common sense when it is so rare.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 01:43 PM
dce
Sage

Just buy a wide LW sit andclimb and put a summit seat on the frame.I have one of them as well if you want to try it out lol.I also have the regular sit and climb top with a hazmore net seat.It's not as comfortable as a summit seat but still comfortable enough.I actually use that more than anything.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Banned

Are those lone wolfs adjustable on the tree , that's what I like about timber tall when I get up 30' and need some adjustment I can get it
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2013, 01:15 PM
dce
Sage

Not like a TT but you can adjust them with some practice.I think the leveling feature is over rated.When I hook a platform to the tree I just raise it head high so there's just a small angle on it.Most of the taper is at the bottom of the tree.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page