third hand archery? - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

third hand archery?

I just ordered my self a tree stand bow holder and a set of stabilizer straps. I have read some good stuff on Archery talk about them and the reviews on the internet seam to be all great... so how about any Pa. guys using them and what are your thoughts? I hope to have them for the late archery season... assuming i have a tag yet to fill :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:29 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Re: third hand archery?

I bought his package of products from him at the Eastern Outdoor show a few years back and he has some good products. His stabilizer straps are great. The Lone Wolf climber I own comes with some (their own), and they really help lock your stand in solid once set in the tree. His tree belt, with accessory hooks are also nice for hanging items in the tree and also doubles to help carry your bow in the woods in front of you (great for a climber when on your back). His website has several videos that show how to use all of his products.

Nature's Ultimate Predator Wasn't Created to Prowl The Grocery Store!!
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:50 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I put the bow holder on my Summit Goliath this year. Only drawback is if you are a right handed shooter and put the holder on the outside of the left side of your Summit, the bow will not fit in the holder with the arrow quiver on the bow. I usually remove my quiver anyway, but just so you know. Otherwise it's great to have the bow right at my hands reach out in front of me without having to put hooks in a tree, especially on SGL. Holds the bow extremely well.

Wishing I was at camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Hittingguru good to know. I have a Summit Razor and was wondering if that was the case. what if it was mounted on the "Arm rest" and not on the straight bar do you think the issue would still be there?
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Pretty sure- because the bracket is set outside the stand, the nocks line up directly with the bars. Personally, I just pull my bow up, take the quiver off and put it in my back pack, put the bow in the bracket, then I have both hands free to do all I need to get set, including knocking an arrow. I think if you go to their website, there is a video of the guy climbing with the bow facing the tree in the bracket. I'm not that skilled.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 07:56 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Send a message via AIM to jlh42581

If you want my honest opinion. He stole a bunch of other companies ideas and he really doesnt make anything I would consider special.

What I say might not be the popular trend but at least Im not afraid to speak my mind!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 08:15 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have the Kentucky bowhunter package and think its great. Stabilizer straps are awesome. I have the bow holder on my summit viper and climb up and down with my bow in the holder. Very good stuff.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 10:10 PM

I've got the KY bowhunter package as well and like it alot. Like Dave, I climb up and down with my bow in the holder as well.

Stabilizer straps are nice as well, but Ive never used my viper without them, so dont know what its like with out them. I do feel safe with them tying the top and bottom together.

Great guy to talk to. I started out talking to him about his stuff, then got off on safety harnesses and he had alot of good insight to the different types of harnesses (i.e. rock climbing belts, tree stand belts, etc.)
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-15-2013, 10:32 PM

Bought the stabilizer straps this year and I really
like them. My Summit Viper SD is rock solid when I
tighten them down. They make a world of difference.

9 " you want Philly Philly? "

Doug " yeah, let's do it. "
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 02:49 AM
Hooked on HuntingPa

I love the bow holder, and I love his 4x4 target skins. Great products, and I nice guy to talk with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page