Don't Buy Bowtech! - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:35 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

Don't Buy Bowtech!

Just got through a very trying week.

Last Tuesday night was practicing when a nock came apart upon release which basically dry fired my 2004 Bowtech Independence. Was afraid to look and sure enough the module was bent. Called my dealer (2 miles from home) who said they no longer carry Bowtech and I will need to go elsewhere.

Located another dealer (25 miles) and discussion with Bowtech commenced. They said not under warranty as it was a misfire and considered abuse. I understand that.

The part that I am so miffed about is they then went on to say "We no longer carry that module. You can however upgrade to binary cam." I don't understand how they can no longer carry parts for that bow - five years old? Also if I wanted a binary I would have bought a Hoyt in the first place.

I shot Mathews and Bowtech and wanted to buy the Mathews Ovation. The dealer talked me out of it.

So my warning to you all is if you buy Bowtech beware - if you have an issue within 5 years you may not be able to get parts!

If anyone has the module for the Independence 30" draw (FR3) let me know via PM so I can fix the bow back to how it was. Otherwise I will get it converted to binary and most likely sell it. Thanks for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:48 PM
hdt
Banned

Re: Don't Buy Bowtech!

Thank you for the heads up.

I think fellow we should all tell others when something like this happens to keep others from making the same mistake. Maybe if this happened more, companies would do more to stand behind the product. The only drawback is that some people can never be satisfied. Sounds like you are not one of those.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Not trying to be smart, but before you made this post, did you do your due diligence and check with Bowtech as to whether the parts are available?

You did walk into an archery shop days before the season begins with a damaged bow! The shop owner does not want to take the time of contacting Bowtech, ordering the modules, and then installing them, when he can simply sell you what he has, make his money, and get you going! I am surprised he did not try and sell you a new bow!

2B, 2A, South East NE, Jefferson National Forest VA
'Pinnin Ain't Easy' 'TR' East Ohio

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Frequent Contributor

The reply is direct from Bowtech, Nick Droback Customer Service Manager - not the shop owner. I sent Bowtech a note via their website.

The shop owner is trying to locate the module for me.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Frequent Contributor

Check on Archery Talk under the classified ads
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 08:40 PM
hdt
Banned

Beck trt,I believe the comlpaint was with bowtech not the dealer.
But, don't you think that a shop owner should try to be helpful-especially if it is the place that sold him the bow. I personally would find another shop if the owner tried to talk me out of fixxing abow so that he could sale me a new one. There is local shop that has a reputation for doing just that. He sales you a bow that is the greatest in the world one year, and when you take it back to be worked on in a year or two, it's a bow that no respectable hunter would even try to take a deer with.

I believe the comlpaint was with bowtech not the dealer.
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Get ahold of Lancaster Archery Supply. They have that sort of stuff laying around. Probably have that module or something close. If they dont, they can find one. You can find their contact info on lancasterarchery.com

Visit us in Harrisburg Booth 908 in the Archery Hall http://www.therackpacker.com Code:HUNTINGPA
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:20 PM
Frequent Contributor

I did the same thing with my Mathews and they replaced the blown cam at no charge. but the bow was farely new, not 5 years old. May have been a different story.

SHHHHHHHH.......Be vewy vewy quiet...I'm huntin' wabbits....
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 10:34 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

One thing I have learned here is that in most cases where someone starts a post with" not trying to be smart" the post is going to be something that offers nothing positive to the post and usually is in fact someone just "being smart"
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 09-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I had a problem with mine that was about 5 years old and they did not ask a word. I have never had an issue with Bowtech customer service.

LCPL Ralph Fabbri 9/29/89-9/28/10 KIA fighting for our freedom.

Fabbri Taxidermy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page