2014 Mathews Lineup - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:10 PM Thread Starter

2014 Mathews Lineup

Pretty disappointed in their new lineup. They are basically taking technology they've had for 8 years now and renaming their bows. I think most of these bow manufacturers are just hitting a wall as far as technology. My 6 year old DXT is not worth getting rid of any time soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:30 PM
The Man

Today is mackgee's birthday!
Re: 2014 Mathews Lineup

Agreed! I was looking forward to getting a new Mathews this year, but I think I'm going to switch to Elite this year if their bows turn out to be as shootable as they claim.

Mac
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-04-2013, 12:55 PM Thread Starter

I've drawn the new Elites and shot the Bowtech Experience. If I was buying a bow today I'd probably go with the Experience.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-10-2013, 05:19 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMc
Pretty disappointed in their new lineup. They are basically taking technology they've had for 8 years now and renaming their bows. I think most of these bow manufacturers are just hitting a wall as far as technology. My 6 year old DXT is not worth getting rid of any time soon.
Agreed. I couldn't be happier with my DXT. Just compare the Creed XS to the DXT. There doesn't appear that there is much to be gained by going with the XS. Both are short axle-axle bows with the XS being 1.75 inches shorter. The DXT is lighter and faster and available used for roughly $350!
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:01 PM

I purchased a new ZXT this year after shooting a Switchback XT for 9 years. I love the ZXT,, I couldnt see spending another $200 for the creed. The zxt is basically a Z7 extreme with some enhancements.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 02:08 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckman69
I purchased a new ZXT this year after shooting a Switchback XT for 9 years. I love the ZXT,, I couldnt see spending another $200 for the creed. The zxt is basically a Z7 extreme with some enhancements.
Completely agree Duckman. Went to buy my new bow this past summer (considered the Mathews Creed, Hoyt Spider 30 & Carbon Matrix, Bowtech Experience, Elite Hunter)but decided to shoot the other new Mathew bows as well while I was in the shop. Much preferred the ZXT to the other Mathews. Absolutely love my ZXT. For me it wasn't about the $200, a I was prepared to spend more on any of the other bows I mentioned.

Always been a Hoyt or Bowtech owner, until I made a deal with a friend to shoot the new Mathews if he would shoot the new Hoyts and Bowtech with me this past July. Told him I would never "turn to the dark side" and buy a Mathews. After shooting them all I was shocked how much I preferred the ZXT over all the others. It took me three or four days, and two trips to shoot it again, to make the purchase after all my jokes about his Mathews coming in handy for a waffle iron on slow mornings. Think he was more surprised than I was bout my purchase.

I typically last two years with a bow and then get a new one. Think I might be shooting this one for a good bit longer than that.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 03:44 PM
Hooked on HuntingPa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrewMc
Meet the new boss....same as the old boss.

Kinda stuck on my '06 LX. Fast, quiet, super smooth draw, and has an axle to axle that you don't need to measure with a set of calipers.

Bowhunting IS life...The rest is just details!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 05:20 PM

Matthews wonders why all their Pro shooters are leaving. I think they are tired of shooting 10 year old technology.

With Prime, Hoyt, Elite & PSE making some nice new technology bows for these guys to shoot, it's no wonder they are leaving Matthews.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 10:41 PM
The Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by primalfear
Quote:
Completely agree Duckman. Went to buy my new bow this past summer (considered the Mathews Creed, Hoyt Spider 30 & Carbon Matrix, Bowtech Experience, Elite Hunter)but decided to shoot the other new Mathew bows as well while I was in the shop. Much preferred the ZXT to the other Mathews. Absolutely love my ZXT. For me it wasn't about the $200, a I was prepared to spend more on any of the other bows I mentioned.

Always been a Hoyt or Bowtech owner, until I made a deal with a friend to shoot the new Mathews if he would shoot the new Hoyts and Bowtech with me this past July. Told him I would never "turn to the dark side" and buy a Mathews. After shooting them all I was shocked how much I preferred the ZXT over all the others. It took me three or four days, and two trips to shoot it again, to make the purchase after all my jokes about his Mathews coming in handy for a waffle iron on slow mornings. Think he was more surprised than I was bout my purchase.

I typically last two years with a bow and then get a new one. Think I might be shooting this one for a good bit longer than that.
Wouldn,t that get pretty expensive?Do you trade up or sell outright?Seems like you would be takin a pretty big hit.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-28-2013, 11:44 PM
New Arrival

Quote:
Originally Posted by good ole boy
Quote:
Originally Posted by primalfear
Quote:

Wouldn,t that get pretty expensive?Do you trade up or sell outright?Seems like you would be takin a pretty big hit.
I have traded bows in before, but this time sold a Bowtech for $600 to put towards the new bow. Guess it depends on what you enjoy and how much you spend on your hobbies. After spending 17 years in PA, I moved to northern NY eight years ago. Our gun season opens in october and runs through december. After just one year of that I decided my annual trip back to PA was my rifle season and I use the bow during the gun season up here. I love to bowhunt and I love bows.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page