Reflex Bows - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
The Man

Reflex Bows

Whatever happened to em?I know they were owned by Hoyt at one time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 AM

Re: Reflex Bows

Up to 2006 they were using past model Hoyt risers...2007 and beyond they made their own.....didn't know they were gone...

I have a 2006 Reflex Highlander....it was one of the hottest bows made that year...and a heck of a value...

I haven't found another bow that is nearly as quiet and shock free...very smooth bow...

Looking for a faster replacement...mainly because I only have one bow and that kills me....if it break right now my season is potentially over...
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 03:09 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Hoyt owned the Reflex line. Hoyt discontinued it (2009)when they came out with the lower priced magnesium riser in the Powerhawk and Turbowhawk. The Reflex website is copywrited to 2010, but hasn't been updated since 2007.

Basically, Hoyt and Mathews and Bowtech were loosing sales to the box stores and the package bows because their lineups were only available through proshops, and not everyone can handle a $700+ price point bow. Hoyt's Reflex line was in the box stores, so they weren't too bad, but Mathews and Bowtech had nothing. So, in a marketing strategy, Bowtech took all of their single cam bows (Liberty, Justice, etc) in 2005 and made them the Diamond by Bowtech line, and put them in the box stores. Mathews created the Mission line, but put them in the proshops so the dealers would have something to compete with price wise. Hoyt created price point bows by either using magnesium risers, or cast riser rather than machined risers, which are far more expensive. We used to say this years Reflex bow was last years Hoyt technology.

I called my buddy who is still in the business...wait till you see the cost of this years 2014 Hoyts...glad I like what I got!!

Wishing I was at camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittingguru
Hoyt owned the Reflex line. Hoyt discontinued it (2009)when they came out with the lower priced magnesium riser in the Powerhawk and Turbowhawk. The Reflex website is copywrited to 2010, but hasn't been updated since 2007.

Basically, Hoyt and Mathews and Bowtech were loosing sales to the box stores and the package bows because their lineups were only available through proshops, and not everyone can handle a $700+ price point bow. Hoyt's Reflex line was in the box stores, so they weren't too bad, but Mathews and Bowtech had nothing. So, in a marketing strategy, Bowtech took all of their single cam bows (Liberty, Justice, etc) in 2005 and made them the Diamond by Bowtech line, and put them in the box stores. Mathews created the Mission line, but put them in the proshops so the dealers would have something to compete with price wise. Hoyt created price point bows by either using magnesium risers, or cast riser rather than machined risers, which are far more expensive. We used to say this years Reflex bow was last years Hoyt technology.

I called my buddy who is still in the business...wait till you see the cost of this years 2014 Hoyts...glad I like what I got!!
saw the prices over at AT for the new hoyts, i hope in the next few years i will beable to afford a bow with out taking a small loan out
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-25-2013, 12:50 AM
Diehard Outdoorsman

If I were in the market for a new Hoyt bow, I would start now- and would only look at the bows that are discontinued for next year, like the Vector 32, the Spyder Turbo or the Spyder 34. I'd make an offer of "dealer cost plus shipping"-you would be getting an $850 bow for around $700.

Wishing I was at camp!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2013, 09:59 AM

I had a Reflex Bighorn, around 1999 I think (my memory for stuff like that isn't what it used to be haha). It was a great shooter and my first ever 2 cam bow. Before that I shot a bear with wheels.

-Bowhunter

Coop

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page