Sabermaxxx and Coremaxx Broadheads - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:13 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Sabermaxxx and Coremaxx Broadheads

So I'm sure everyone has seen the gnarly looking Sabermaxxx and Coremaxxx. They are the broadheads that have a serrated blade around the blades that claim to cut a .20 gauge circle. I however have not seen any reviews on these broadheads. So we decided to make a review of both broadheads.

Here is the link to the Sabermaxxx and Coremaxx review
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VwMxqClh2RQ

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 12:47 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Re: Sabermaxxx and Coremaxx Broadheads

Surface area equals friction and shooting through a jug filled with water doesn;t do it for me. Unless your shooting high KE to push a hole punch through a deer, I'd go with another broadhead.

This trend of trying to punch a a circular hole in a deer seems to be the thing lately. I just see a brodhead like this not getting a pass through, especially on low KE bows.

RIP Tuff 98-11, So many hunts, so many good times!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 03:04 PM

Gimmick!! Stretch a hide over the jug and fill it with gelatin and bone and see what you get! If itis as thick as a whitetail I'm betting no pass thru!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2013, 07:49 PM

pretty sure heads like that are illegal in PA anyways...

in theory is seems like a great idea....but, it'd take a heck of an arrow and bow to push that through much..
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 05:26 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Oh I didn't know they were illegal I read the books and I though broadheads Judd had to have two sharpen edges and can not be long than three inches from top to the shaft of the arrow and as far as pass throughs there is two or three videos of desert being shot behind the shoulder and having a pass through lol now I know that isn't shoulder blades and I would agree it probably wouldn't pass through two shoulder blades that is why I stick to my Muzzy mx3 those I can guarantee will blow through both shoulder blades and keep going because I've done it multiple times but those broadheads are just fun to shoot

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 12:53 PM
dce
Sage

If you're blowing through both shoulder blades,you're missing the vitals.I'm not trying rip on you but it amazes me how many bowhunters don't understand deer anatomy.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 01:53 PM
The Man

dce is correct, the shoulder bone can be in the way but the Shoulder Blade (Scapula) is not

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 01:54 PM
The Man

Seriously? Did you even look at the picture? The only thing behind the shoulder of that deer is the spine, and a teeny bit of high lung. The heart is the red spot, above the leg bone, nowhere even near the shoulder. The other bone of the "shoulder"(basically upper arm bone and not really shoulder) is at the very front of the rib cage, and covers the brisket. Like DCE said, no idea on deer anatomy. I don't care what kind of set up youre shooting, no bow is "blowing through both shoulders of a deer". And the only way to hit both shoulders and still double lung a deer would be to shoot it from the ground, on a level plane. Even then, you're barely getting high lungs, if you're lucky. Now,I'll sit back and wait for all the guys that claim it's possible because they do it every year. Even though the picture above illustrates it's basically not possible.

I think I'm an alright guy, I think I'm alright
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

okay let me correct myself then "blow through A shoulder". which is possible from an elevated position to reach the lungs and heart.

post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 02:13 PM
The Man

I think most people that say shoulder blade think the entire shoulder is "the blade". As long as it just the wrong terminology and they understand not to shoot that high on a deer then that's all that's needed.

IMO there is absolutely no reason to set your bow up to blow through shoulder blades. All that is needed is a well tuned bow shooting a well placed arrow at 40lbs. If it happens that your setup can blow through the shoulder blade great but a shot at a shoulder blade is going to be a wounded deer most of the time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page