Swhacker Vs Carbon Express f-15 expandables - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

Swhacker Vs Carbon Express f-15 expandables

So we did a test on a couple of some expandable broadshead. this was a simple water jug test just to see entrance and exit wounds and also how fast it drained the jugs. We have narrowed down to these two broadheads that we are going to use this season

Here is the link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ht7DJQjEFcs

Now my question is is there any people that have harvested deer using one of these broadheads and have any pictues of entrance or exit wounds? also what do you guys recommend for broadhead choices?

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 01:11 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: Swhacker Vs Carbon Express f-15 expandables

i have the original 100 gr I think they have an inch and a quarter, ive killed two deer with them, one was 142" buck that was big bodied, ran about 50yds and tipped over, watched him fall. it wasn't a huge hole and there wasnt a lot of blood to follow, but that wasn't an issue. second deer I killed was a nice doe last year, and I got a complete pass thru and stuck about 9" in the ground. I think I got a decent hole, but there wasn't any blood I found one drop of blood and I just couldn't understand how there wasn't more blood. I got lucky and stumbled on her, and she didn't make it past 50 yards either. ive got a pack of rage extremes im trying early doe. I wanna try the g5 t3s or the g5 montecs. im gonna look thru my pics to see if I can find pics of the entry and exit on the buck. one thing though both deer, the lungs on both of them was TRASHED!!!! im thinking that's why neither made it past 50 yards.

entry:

exit:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-21-2013, 12:58 PM
dce
Sage

Why does everyone think they need a huge hole to kill deer?An inch and a quarter two bladed head killed the deer within 50 yards.What more could you ask for?There's many variables that will dictate how much blood is on the ground but broadhead size is one of the smallest.Just shoot an sharp broadhead that will stay together and completely penetrate every time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Community

We just harvested a doe with the Swhacker broadhead on 10/07/13 and actually got the kill on film anyone interested in see what the entrance and exit wounds looks like here is the link to the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSy1nUGXaHk

Check out our Outdoor Youtube page http://www.youtube.com/user/ChasingTrophiesTV
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 AM
Regular Visitor

Neither...ramcats baby!!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page