HHA DS-5019 Ultra Bow Sight - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:34 PM Thread Starter
Hooked on HuntingPa

HHA DS-5019 Ultra Bow Sight

In the market for a single pin sight and have been told by a few people that this sight is really good. Anybody using this sight or other HHA models? I'm new to the single pins and was wondering how difficult it is to set up? From what I understand its not that hard.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:14 PM
Frequent Contributor

Re: HHA DS-5019 Ultra Bow Sight

Check out the trophy ridge single pin sights. They are great sights for alot less. Just my 2cents.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

Can't go wrong with HHA single pin sights. Not tough to set up, and you can make them as sophisticated as you want by adding 3rd axis knuckles or lenses for magnification.

There are a lot of threads on here already on HHA sights. You need to make 3 initial decisions- 1) do you want a slider style or the wheel style/ 2) do you want the large or smaller sight housing? and 3) what size pin do you want- .29, .19. or .10?

They use so much fiber optic that lights are not usually necessary. Personally, I use the .19 for hunting, with the smaller sight housing, and the slider style, and have the one with the "reostat" that slips in and out to control how much fiber optic is exposed for brightness of the pin.

Set up is simple, but I'd make sure you are very comfortable with your bow and are confident in your accuracy out to 40 yards. After that, there is a formula for which sight tape you need.They supply about 50 sight tapes with the site. If you change arrows, or draw weight, or anything on your bow, it will affect the sight tape.

I usually recommend guys go with the plain white tape with pencil marks for their 20-25-30, etc, until they have shot the bow and sight for a while. Then once they are lock in on their measurements, then put the multicolored sight tape on to match the marks.

Wishing I was at camp!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 02:01 PM

What he said^^^^^^^^^^
I have an HHA on my diamond and it was not hard to set up and once set up just as easy to adjust for yardage - if you have the time -
I had a group of doe come into the patch I was hunting. Had my slider to 20 yds. - unfortunately they took a turn and headed out the other trail instead of coming into my 20 yd shooting lane. Now being at full draw it was impossible to adjust the slide. So as they crossed into my 40 yd lane I had to manually adjust my hold over and was successful.
Point is - the sight is great. But don't count on being able to adjust it all the time. Put in some practice using manual hold over like as if you had a multi pin sight. I would set my sight on 20 and then shoot other yardages to see where I was hitting. I know there will be some that tell you. Set it on 25 and , depending on your bow set up, you should be able to have a kill shot from 5 - 40 yds so having an adjustable sight is not necessary. But it sure is nice when you do have the time to adjust.
Good luck to you and practice, practice, practice!

Life's too short to hunt with an ugly dog!
If it's locked up and put away - Your NOT safe!
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 08:38 PM
dce
Sage

HHA sights are very good quality but I feel much more comfortable with a three pin.I used an HHA for sevral years and on a couple of occassions,ranged deer that were out there quite a ways and killed them.I've also lost opportunities as well as shot way over the backs of targets at 3D shoots because I forgot to adjust the sight back down.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 09:33 PM
Part of the Community

I know this is about single pin, but what about a multi pin gang slider? I have a spot hogg 5 pin that shifts all pins when turning the wheel. (5 pins was a bit much, I should have went with 3) Also, a more affordable option of the same style is the blackgold sights. I am not sure if this is what you are looking for but though I would throw it into the conversation.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 10:39 PM

Love mine no doubt.

PSE Omen
*HHA 0L-5019
*QAD HD
2A
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 12:12 AM

I have been using the HHS for several years now.

NRA Benefactor Member
NWTF Member
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 11:59 AM
Frequent Contributor

HHA MAKE GREAT SIGHTS I HAVE BEEN USING ONE FOR 14 YEARS. I CONSIDERED BUYING A TROPHY RIDGE LAST YEAR UNTIL I SAW THEY WERE MADE IN CHINA.

THIS HOW I WACK'UM, PACK'UM AND STACK'UM.

VEGETARIANS MAKE THE BEST DINNER.

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 07-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Frequent Contributor

Had COBRA single pins for 10 years. Bought an HHA about a month ago. LOVE IT! Very bright, well built, and easy to use!

I am a firm believer in, "You get what you pay for"

SIXburgh, PENSylvania

"Team Knock Out Archery"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page