nock problems - The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 AM Thread Starter

nock problems

Guys is there a difference in nock quality? Ive about lost my patience this year!
Last year i shot prob thousand shots with gold tip arrows.Didnt break 1 nock! This year i switched to carbon express mayhem hunter 250.
The arrows shoot great when the nock stays together. I have snapped every white nock off either putting on string or when i pulled out of target. I went and got replacement white nocks and same thing...Id go thru 4-5 nocks a shooting session.They just snap off putting arrow on!
I thought they seemed cheap so i went back to store and they gave me some flourescent nocks which seemed better quality. Tonight while shooting i heard a crack ..almost a semi dry fire and heard my arrow hit ground. I was shooting at 45 yards and found my arrow 10 yards in front of target with a snapped off nock!!!!

Any ideas? I dont believe its serving to thick cause i didnt have issues last year or in my last 20 years have i ever seen nocks just snap putting on string!

Help...I will overnight nocks if i have too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 01:30 AM
Frequent Contributor

Re: nock problems

Did you switch back to the nocks you were using last year without a problem?
I had an issue with the Easton nocks on the stalker extreme arrows on my Turbohawk's string. As I drew back, the arrow would lift in the rest, sometimes up and almost out of my rest. Switched to Beman nocks and the problem went away.

Are they completely seated against the shaft? That's the only way I could see them breaking would be slightly out and then being slammed up against the back of the shaft

The more people that I meet, the more I love my dog
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 12:59 PM
Diehard Outdoorsman

I have never had the issue you are having with CX knocks, been shooting them for years with different makes of strings. The only time they have broke is when hit by another arrow.

Its really weird that you have snapped every knock, not saying that a bad batch does not occur, but everyone and even replacement are snapping. I would have to say that there is something else occurring other than just the knocks. As noted, are the knocks fully seated against the bull color. CX have the bull collar and the knock should be solidly seated.

Did anything else change along with changing arrows? I would not expect the serving to be that thick that it is snapping them. Do you have a string loop or one of those metal loops?

RIP Tuff 98-11, So many hunts, so many good times!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-19-2013, 06:15 PM

Last year someone was talking about this happening with white knocks. The rest of the colors seemed fine. I don't remember what band though.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-20-2013, 12:56 AM Thread Starter

I went and got some flourescent easton super nocks tonight. They seem to work great at least i didnt break any nocks tonight!

It almost seems as though the quality is better with the easton nocks. They seem beefier and they are for sure longer and seem to snap on string much smoother! Keeping my fingers crossed!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page