The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

Black magic trophy rock

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  NiceRack! 
#1 ·
Any one ever tried one of these? Im starting to get tired of hauling corn or other "attractants" Way back in hollr for my trail cameras. This seems to be a good idea for long term, couple months anyway, to get deer in front of the camera. Do I need to put anything with them for the deer to find it. I like to set up a couple of cameras deep in the sticks and leave them for a month before I head back out for them.

#2 ·
I have used the Black Magic powder and deer come to it like it is a magnet......

#3 ·
I have had good luck with the Trophy Rock in the past. I usually put some corn around with it to get them to find it a little better. Once they know its there they will use it all summer long. They start to get away from it about the time the velvet comes off. I'm sure if you didn't want to put corn out with it if you placed it on a well used trail they would find it there too.

#5 ·
I have had a decent amount of success with them. Just picked up three for $12 each. A good deal in my book. I usually just drop em right on the trail I place my camera along and that is all it takes. It holds up better in the weather, and unlike corn, every bird, squirrel, raccon, possum, etc. does not have it gone in a few days.

I have had deer paw up an area well after i had pulled the rock 30 days prior to the opener.

#8 ·
Black Magic is a great attractant. Usually I have deer on it within an hour of putting it out. I do mix it with corn when I put it out but you do not have too. I have not had good success with the trophy rock.
I am not sure if it is still made but I also had good success with lucky Buck. This stuff smells like apples.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.